Chapter 7: Troubles Ahead

Dashing along the path, Ophelia was now feeling more confident.

"Hmm... even though I don't believe too much in fortune-telling...But at least I know where Jones may be. Right now, I should buy some cookies so that I may find him easier..." thought Ophelia, who was even more determined to carry on looking for Jones as her pace was getting faster and faster.

"I hope he'll be alright."

But somehow, you can't underestimate the power of fortune-telling, Rosie's was right; troubles were approaching this little kitty cat very soon.

"Meow... what a comfortable sleep..."mumbled Kitty Jones, as he stretched himself right after he woke up from his lovely catnap on the bench. Hopped off the bench, he decided to continue his hunt on food while also looking for the girl he worked with back in the station by continue to wander around in the Town Square, wishing that luck would arrive by his side.

Suddenly, behind him, a pair of hands grabbed Jones's round body, and he was picked up from the ground.

"What's h-happening??" Jones was surprised by the unexpected grab.

The giggling, surprise guest who took Jones away was actually a little, red-haired boy with freckles underneath his green eyes. He then carried Kitty Jones to a blond, Caucasian girl not over 12 years old, whom she got light blue eyes just like Jones's. A huge grin stuck onto her freckled round face, similar to the boy's.

"What are they going to do to me? Why does he take me away?" facing towards the grinning 2 kids, he was really nervous that a load of questions filled up in his mind.

"Veronica! Look! I got you a kitty!" the boy, in a red-white striped shirt and blue shorts chimed at his elder sister.

''Ooh!" squealed the latter at Kitty Jones, "He's so cute! I want to have him as my little pet! Imagine that, we already got 4 silly hamsters; a pony, 6 cockatoos, 2 puppies and 5 old guinea pigs from our daddy, and our great, luxury home will be a perfect zoo with a cat! We can feed it and play with it, isn't that awesome?"

"Yay!" the young boy cheered, but not Kitty Jones.

"A pet?!" her intention blew his mind, ''Hell no! I'm actually a human, not a cat! I don't want to be your pet! I don't want a cat food diet! I only want cookies and burgers! I want to go back to the station! Could you please put me down?" begged Jones quietly.

But they won't let him go, as he was still stuck in the young boy's arms. With his white belly and his front limbs facing upwards, while his tail hanging outside.

"Let's see...." The girl, whose name is Veronica leaned forth to take a closer look at the beautiful, silver tabby cat, "Your face is so puffy!" She continued to squeal like a kid who got their desired gift, rubbing and squeezing his round, striped face as if it was a squeezing toy, the boy snickered at his elder sister's actions.

"Oh god, would you please stop nudging my face??" thought Jones, slightly irritated.

"Sister, what name should we give to cute kitty?" the innocent boy asked.

"Give me some time, Jamie. "responded Veronica, turning away from her brother, Jamie to brainstorm a nice name. After that, Jamie started to play with the kitty cat by trying to grab Jones's twitching ears with his fingers. Not only did Jones felt uncomfortable, but also felt even irritated towards the 2 playful kids.

"I wish I could get outta here as soon as possible..." wished the annoyed kitty cat.

"I got it!" shouted Veronica with excitement, "How about Mister Fattie? Because he looks quite chubby!" suggested the rich girl wearing a purple-white striped skirt with a white shirt underneath, in which his brother instantly nodded his head in agreement upon listening to Veronica's suggestion.

"Hey! I'm not Mister Fattie, My name is David Jones! Now would you please let me leave here before I lose it?" grumbled Jones in his mind, now completely fed up with the kids' actions.

"Then let's ask our daddy to adopt him, shall we?" asked Jamie.

"Of course, daddy and mommy shall love it and allow us to take it into our little cage where we can feed him and play with him." Smiled Veronica warmly, taking out a small, violet handkerchief from the front pocket of her skirt. That's when Jones finally had enough of them and he decided to escape before it's too late. Then, Jones suddenly wriggled rapidly in the boy's arms until he lost his grasp on him. Before dropping to the floor, he accidently knocked and scratched the girl's left arm, causing her to drop the handkerchief.

"Jamie! It's getting away!" shrieked Veronica, "Let's get him before he ran away!"

The siblings then started to ran after the escaped Kitty Jones. But no matter how speedy they were, Kitty Jones was speeding faster than them that he was finally out of their sight. With their pet-to-be disappeared, Veronica and Jamie started weeping until their parents arrived and to check up on them.

"My little angel, what's wrong?'' comforted the Dad.

"I-I found a kitty cat with my brother here and I-I want to have it as my pet...but then, it went crazy and ran away from us before we can catch it." sobbed Veronica.

"Alright, sweetie, I know you really love animals, but shall we go home now.... It's going to be late now and no new pets for you....'' said their mother, who was a bit exhausted. But then, she noticed a white scratch mark on her daughter's arm. "What's that scratch mark on the arm, Veronica?" she inquired.

"WHAT?! MISTER FATTIE EVEN SCRATCHED ME, I SHALL TEACH IT HOW TO BEHAVE WELL ONCE I FOUND HIM!" shouted Veronica hysterically that everyone turned their heads towards the girl, "AND HOW DARE YOU EVEN SAID THIS TO ME, MOMMY?! I SHALL GET IT BACK NO MATTER WHERE IT IS RIGHT NOW OR I WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT IT!!"

"Don't worry, sister, I will come with you to search for it!" Jamie raised his hands cheerfully. "Aren't you coming, daddy, mommy?"

At first, their parents hesitated, they actually had chores to do in the late afternoon, but upon hearing their children's cry, they would be in great trouble as disaster would happen if they turned down requests from their spoiled kids, they would threw a tremendous temper tantrum towards them until they agreed.

"Fine," the parents sighed, "We will come along with you to get the kitty and then take it home, isn't it okay?"

"Yay!" cheered Veronica and Jamie respectively. "Let's go and catch him!"

A/N : Wow, that's another long chapter, this has spent me the whole day typing it....

And mamma mia, what am I writing....xD

Anyway, next chapter will be here soon but I may upload it a little bit late cos I got to attend college for some activities tmr. Hope you enjoy it and plz don't blame me if my writing is not quite good.....