Chapter 5: A Feline at the Square

Located near the Cooper Park, the Town Square was populated with numerous restaurants, cafes and food carts that were well- known for their mouth-watering delicacies. Apart from that, residential apartments, banks and stalls that sold a lot of goodies were all situated here. There was even a great fountain at the center, an ideal place for the citizens to grab a bite or take a rest.

Perhaps the scorching hot sun was covered by the clouds, along with the breezy weather, there were many people strolling around on the Square, enjoying the cool temperature thanks to the land breeze that chased away the heat. That's also the time when Kitty Jones arrived there.

"Mmm~~ I really wish I could have a cookie or a burger to heal my grumbling tummy..." thought Jones, strolling on the street while his head wandered around, looking for something that he could grab a bite.

As he continued to walk forth, he suddenly stopped in his tracks. Something that made his eyes sparked after he recognized it ...

It was a familiar hot dog cart owned by his old friend – Alfred Ziegler!!

"Alfred's hot dogs!" squealed Jones with delight in his mind, "But how can I approach him?" he wondered, but his limbs were leading him towards the cart.

Meanwhile, standing right at the cart, Alfred Ziegler was working hard to cook and to deliver his well-known hot dogs and other tasty goodies to his customers. "A fine day's work!" he spoke to himself cheerfully, placing the spatula beside the stove.

"Meow...Meow...Meow..." meowed Jones, who stood beside the African-American, looking up at the man with his pair of irresistible, sparkling sky blue eyes, hoping for some delicious hot dogs in return.

Alfred turned to his left. "Ooh, hello there, little kitty" he smiled, kneeling down to face towards the little feline and petted him right between its ears even though he was sightless. "Are you hungry, my little fella?" he asked compassionately.

"Meow..." replied kitty Jones with glee, himself enjoyed being petted by Alfred.

"No problem, kitten!" Alfred was such a tender man; he then stood up and returned to the stove. He placed the raw sausages into the sizzling stove and started cooking it. After a few minutes, the sausages were all well-done, and Alfred used a knife to cut one of the sausages into small parts to feed it to the silver tabby.

"Here you go! Enjoy!" said Alfred with a grin as he fed the sausage to Jones, and the kitty was so starving that he immediately devoured all the appetizing sausages.

"Yum! Tasty! Thanks a lot, Alfred!" Kitty Jones licked his lips with satisfaction, before running off to continue his exploration as a small cat.

Strolling on the streets, he saw kids holding their parent's hands, hopping in joy as they expressed their dreams and imaginary thoughts to the grown-ups, some young teens were chatting with their pals after experiencing some extreme sports, with sweat covering their neck. The Elderly, who were inconvenient in rapid actions, sat calmly on the benches near the plants and shrubs, thinking about their life and the future, while Lovely girls curling their slender arms around their male companion's arm, while the latter used their soft lips to caress their smooth skin on their face, showing their passion to their lover.

Looking at the lovers, Jones reminded himself of Ophelia, the young and kind detective who accompanied him to trace and arrest killers whenever a murder was reported, whom he later fell in love with. He wished he really could hold his cute, sweet partner's hands as they strolled on the streets leisurely, dating with love and joy like them.

"I wish I can become back a human and meet Ophelia again...'' he sighed, gazing at the couples from a faraway distance.

Just then, somebody threw a small muffin near Kitty Jones. He turned his head to see a smiling young woman wearing a sunhat above her long, brown hair; she was also wearing a long white skirt with a black top. "Aww..." she cooed with sympathy, picking up the muffin to Jones. "Let me feed you a muffin, little kitten."

"Looking at the unexpected guest, Jones was completely surprised." Thanks a lot!" he smiled, blushing inside. When the hazel-eyed stranger has done petting him and bidding him goodbye, he immediately ran off with the muffin the girl gave him in his mouth to a nearby vacant bench.

"Mmm...delicious..." he appreciated her kindness as he munched on the muffin.

Soon, after walking a long while, his hunger was satisfied, but he also felt a bit worn out after long hours of strutting. Feeling weary, he climbed up on a bench and decided to take a comfortable catnap on the vacant bench with the breeze blowing.

"Meow....let me take a catnap first, then I will go back there to look for Ophelia...I hope she didn't leave soon..." thought Jones, curling himself on the bench, slowly drifting himself to sleep.

In the Cooper Park, Ophelia had been searching for Jones for a while; still, her hopes of finding Jones kept diminishing as he couldn't found him. Perching on a bench, holding a cup of Boba Milk tea, she was really distressed for being unable to found her partner.

"Where could he be..." her dark blue eyes drooped in sadness and frustration.

A/N: I was inspired by some online videos of cats meowing to their owner for food, which made me write this in the chapter. Again, kitty Jones is still a food-lover even he's a kitty! xD

And I feel bad for Ophelia now... :'(