Awake

Rodrick came back into the room 10. minutes later ,a hopeless look stained his face.Two officers walked behind him , Lucy looked at Ali . We're screwed . They all thought.  The FBI was outside along with 7 other police cars , Nick was taken into an ambulance. and we were taken into a holding cell. "Wait, wait!!!" Lucy screamed as she cried out to the officer when he locked the cell.  She colllapsed into Rodricks arms. helpless sobs fell from her lips  as she tried to speak.  Veronica sat at the edge of the cell on a cold bench , she cried silently , wishing she hadn't gotten on that bus. "This is all your fault!!!" Alison screamed at her.  "what?!" Veronica got up from her bench , stepping towards Ali. "IF YOU HADN'T BEEN SUCH A SLUT AND MADE OUT WITH THE GUY I LIKED , I WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT WORK EARLY. NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE!!" "HOW DARE YOU PUT THIS ON ME , YOU BITCH" Veronica leaped towards Ali and slammed her into the bars of the holding cell ,  Ali swung her foot , kicking Veronica back into the wall , they began to pull each others hair. Rodrick got up , leaving Lucy on the bench.  And proceeded to breakup the fight.  3 hours later , the group sat in silence. An officer approached them from the other side of the holding cell. "Well , you've all been bailed out. But you still have a court day , your bailer will let you know all the information. The four of us got up and followed the officer through the prison. Our jaws dropped when we seen who had bailed us out , it was Nicks mom. She looked at Alison with a blank look on her face, then turned away and began to cry.  Lucy walked over to try and hug her , but she pushed her away. "Let's just go."  When we got into the van an awkward silence fell upon us once again.  Veronica broke the silence. "Do  you have any idea of of where Nick is? mam?" Veronica asked shyly . The woman took a while to answer. "He's in the hospital , his  heart is beating but irregularly , he should be out in a couple of weeks , if not days... but he won't be able to actually walk for at least a week due to the amount of pills he took.  Apparently , those weren't his prescriptions. and they found other drugs in his body. "What drugs?" Alison asked urgently. His mother signed loudly , her voice broke as she responded. "Heroin". She began to cry . The three girls looked at each other in shock , while Rodrick remained calm , but confused. They pulled into the parkway of the hospital. "May I ask what you're doing?" Lucy said sternly as they came to a stop. "I'm going to go see my son." She replied softly. She looked at the teens , and then left.