o n e

Chapter one

SUCCUMBING TO THE stinging water I sigh in bliss. I bring my legs up to my chest and curl my fingers around my thick calves. I needed sleep, deperately.

Jamie-Lou's was a faint blur; merely a memory I didn't care if I forgot. There were people who were grinding up against others; one of them being Kurtz. Another group of people were giggling in the corner next to a static filled radio pretending that aliens were making contact with them; I, however was apart of a small group of overly clothed and underly clothed sweaty, happy teenagers. We spent the whole night reminiscing over old music, and the underestimated beauty of the electric slide.

Lola, a purple-headed girl occupied her hands with a red cup and brownie's Fleur had especially made for the night.

"Am I seeing things?" She asked quizically staring intently over at a poster in the far left corner.

"It depends on what you think you're seeing," Jamie-Lou replied; glazed eyes smiling as she gets up to wonder over to the corner.

Watching Lola perk up everytime Jamie-Lou took a step too close to the corner was very amusing, it was if someone was standing there and Jamie-Lou was tredding on them.

I sighed and leant back further into the scratchy, plush couch as the t.v. blared old re-runs of 'How I Met Your Mother' who had Luke captivated.

Running my fingers through my damp hair, I stand up and watch as the beads of dirty water run down my lower abdomen and thighs, and my calves. Stepping over the tall, thin marble block I reach for a towel off of the steel rack. Turning around I still faintly remember the games that were played last night.

"Truth or dare...Kurtz," Michael announced; a small group of people had formed a rather egg-shaped circle to engage in an amateuric game of truth or dare.

Lips curving upwards, Kurtz speaks up, "Dare,"

All heads turn to Michael as he thinks about what to put Kurtz up to. His reddened eyes gleam as he decides on what to say.

"I dare you to kiss the hottest person in room," zoning out of their child-like game I focus on the old novel in my hands and the brownie that is slowly absorbing in my mouth and taking affect on my already hazy mind.

Cheering sounds from the back off the room and I dare myself to turn around. My eyes make contact with a pale arse and I instantly recoil with a cringe.

"I'm peeing in a cup,"

The obviously stoned teenager exclaims with excitement looking over his shoulder with an overly-happy grin. In doing this, his aim goes off and his stream carries along the patterned wallpaper.

Jamie-Lou rushes up to the boy and inbetween hushed giggles she scolds him for being so naive. Rolling my eyes uninterested with the situation I stand up to go and make myself something to eat.

Making my way through the wide hallways, I made a turn left into a 'crowded' kitchen; it was crowded because a congregation of happy girls had blocked the entrance. Pushing through them, I groan because there is yet another obstacle.

There were three guys; one with a beanie and a beard, another with a huge forehead and slicked back hair and another with a phone held in his hands and eyes gleaming as he - and the others - looked at the screen.

Rolling my eyes I walked past the boys and caught a glimpse of an overrated animated game: flappy bird. Walking into the kitchen I immediately headed towards the freezer and opened it.

Wrapping the black towel around my waist, I open up the damp door due to condensation and saunter towards my bedroom. Pushing open the door, I frown due to it's current state; underwear  - some not even mine - and clothes scattered on the cream carpeted floor, porn magazines, food wrappers and other miscellaneous objects. Memories of last night still whirling in my mind I look through the objects for a clean pair of underwear.

Searching through the sea of frozen objects I pulled out a bucket of ice-cream and instantly indulged in the creamy goodness. At that moment two girls walked through the white swinging doors

The palest girl has on a 'Monet' Water Lilies shirt and the brunette has a nude turtleneck on.

The pale girl turned to me and smiled; walking toward me she opened her mouth to speak,

"Can I have some? vanilla is my favourite," She asked politely running her fingers through her white bob haircut.

Nodding my head I notice how silky her voice is; like a nineteen fifties gangster wife - slow and precise, also with the slightest hint of a norwegian accent.

She jumped up onto the bench next to me and reached past me for a spoon to endulge in the creamy goodness.

"So, why are you here?" She looked down at her spoon before placing it in her pink mouth.

"Um, my brother wanted to celebrate - my friend and I graduated - so he thought it would be a good idea to take us to a party - a going away party at that," chuckling to myself I mumbled, "pretty sure he's actually here for the booze though,"

Humming through a smile in response she mumbled something along the lines of relatable.

Pushing herself off of the marble bench she walked towards the metal fridge, she swung open the door and pushed her hair aside, and with a small smile she pulled out the first wine bottle she saw.

"Do you want me to get some cups?" I question her as she looks through the cupboards and some draws.

Looking over at me, she frantically shook her head, "Oh, that's not how I roll; we either drink it out of the bottle or we don't drink it at all,"

Nodding at her, the corners of my lips turned up, "What flavour is it?"

Unscrewing the lid, she brang the flask up to her lips and drew a sip from the alcohol.

Screwing her face up in confusion she thinks for a moment, "It's kinda peachy,"

Sighing to myself, I let the black towel fall from around my waist onto the dirty, carpeted floor.

Picking up my blue plaid pyjama shorts I carefully slide them on wishing I had washed them the previous night as they are dirty and are sticking to my calves.

Falling onto my bed, I look over to my left and recognise a faint light out the window and smile; but it quickly turns into a frown as I realise that someone must have moved in and nobody had lived there in a long time.

"CATE, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW, THIS GUY THINKS HE'S JESUS, OH MY GOD!" A girls voice came from a crowd of people with their phones out.

Looking over at me with a shrug she jumps off of the bench - bottle in hand - she saunters over to the crowd of laughing teenagers.

//

OFFICIALLY HAVE CHAPTER ONE UP YIEWWW

DON'T WORRY THERE WILL BE MORE OF OUR PEACHY GIRL LMAOOOO

OH YEAH AND DEDICATED TO @aestheticannie CAUSE SHE'S MUMMY AF

ALSO ASHTON ROLLS HIS EYES ALOT IN THIS BOOK, OOPS?????

-rhianan