t w o

chapter two

"KURTZ, WHAT WAS Fleur's favourite flowers again? I want her to remember me as the nice guy with purple hair who got her a bunch of her favourite flowers," Walking through the wooden frame into the florist I am overwhelmed with strongly scented flowers and an assortment of colours. A second chime of a bell signals Kurtz is following my suit into the florist.

"I think, um that they're daisies? I remember them being hell weird," Kurtz replies unsure of himself pulling down his brown jacket and shoving his hands further into his pockets.

Walking past the shelves of pots containing a strong variety of scents and flowers, I run my fingers over the coloured petals; some rough, some silk-like. Brushing my fingers through my lilac hair I reply,

"Nah, that sounds too basic, I'm pretty sure they started with a 'c' or something like that,"

Playing with the rings on his fingers, Kurtz nods looking around the room at the hanging, sitting and stuck on flowers.

"Personally daisies are my favourite, they're not basic, they're cliched, but so is purple hair,"

I turn around at the sound of a foreign female voice and see a petite girl with a brown pixie cut braided at the front, with a rainbow-striped apron on with gardening tools littered throughout the front pouch.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" Kurtz says folding his arms; a symbol of dominance and did you just insult him?

Brushing her palms off on the side of her apron, she extends her left hand, and with an almost menacing smile on her face she replies,

"Oh, my name's Daisy," furrow of her eyebrows, "and you might've missed, but I work here,"

Kurtz lips shrink back into his mouth. As he fumbles over his apologies he avoids looking at her and misses the smug look on her face as I hold back a snort. Looking back at the tan girl, Kurtz catches on and abrubtly scoffs,

"Your name isn't actually Daisy, is it?"

Smug smile leaving her face, it turns into a genuine one as she yet again extends her hand in a friendly gesture,

"No, my name's Flo, and you are?" accepting her hand in a handshake, they share a proper introduction and she politely compliments him on his name saying how unique it is.

"So, can I assist you boys at all? anything in particular you are looking for?" Looking inbetween the two of us I look at Kurtz and tilt my head as if to say you ask, I'm not.
With a sigh, Kurtz rolls his eyes and faces Flo again,

"Yeah, actually, we're looking for a flower, but we can't remember the name," He drags out the sentence and looks down at his worn out black kmart shoes as he scuffs them against the white tiles.

Mumbling a quiet follow me, Flo turns on her heel and pads along the tiled floor in her white doc martens. Walking past a bunch of sunflowers, I only just then realise how big they are.

Reaching the front counter - which is also littered with plush flowers, plastic flowers and real flowers; orchids, if I'm correct - Flo types madly away at the keyboard and then leans on the countertop to face Kurtz and I.

"Do you remember what it looks like?"

Blank stares.

"Do you remember anything about it at all?" She asks humoured.

Coughing lightly, Kurtz cheeks turn a light shade of scarlet,

"Well, that's the thing," a shy smirk takes place on his lips, "they're kind of for a friend who is moving to Amsterdam on Wednesday and we may have never seen them before-"

"But," I interrupt, "We do know that it starts with a 'c',"

She quirks her arched eyebrow with a smirk and an amused look,
"A 'c'?"

Kurtz looks at me with a raised eyebrow, and flo looks between us,

"Definitely a 'c',"

Nodding for a moment, she gnaws on her bottom lip,
"Sorry, you haven't seen it, but you know it starts with 'c'," she puts quotation marks around the 'c', "there are over atleast three-hundred flowers starting with a 'c', and atleast half of them are in here," and with a shake of her head, she swiftly jumps up onto the counter, "come back when you know somewhat, what it looks like,"

Not a second after, there is a chime coming from the flakey, wooden, flower-stashed door.

"Cate, how nice of you to pop in, two hours late," Flo announces rather rudely.

Groaning at the short-haired brunette, Cate groans, tying up her matching rainbow-striped apron,
"I'm sorry, my mother let the prostitutes out of the garage again, had to chase them all the way over to 3rd," turning her head to me, "Ah, I know you, I think," She begins to subtly tie her hair up in a ponytail, "I was totally wasted the other night, depressing really, the reason I got off my face was because my only functioning dild-"

"Cate, don't talk to the customers about how your wild and promiscuous adventures with your 'only' functioning dildo had to end because your dad came out of the closet and your mum has aids,"

Looking at the two with wide, stunned eyes, Kurtz lets out a snort,
"Excuse me, but I don't see why Cate, here, wouldn't use her dildo because her dad is gay, and her mum has aids?"

Cate looks at Kurtz with an unentertained smile,
"Don't tell anyone, but, they both used it,"

Kurtz starts laughing uncontrollably and I stand there looking at the petite Norwegian girl with a stunned look with one thought running through my mind: what the fuck.

"Well," she claps her hands together, "moving along, can we help you with anything?"

Kurtz's laughter dies down,
"Not particularly, if Nancy Drew over here couldn't help us, I doubt you could," he begins to walk towards the left side of the florist in which the exit is located.

Turning to look over her shoulder at Kurtz she replies gently with a smirk,
"Frankly, I think you might be surprised,"

Remembering who she walked in with, I perk up immediately,
"You walked in with Fleur to the party, didn't you? Do you by any chance know the name of her favourite flowers?"

"No, sex partners don't tend to become acquainted on a level in which they know the name of their partners favourite flowers,"

"Unless they have a kink," Flo interrupts, swinging her legs, unbraiding her hair.

Pointing towards Flo, she nods, grabbing a pot of Hydrangeas,
"Exactly, but I'm not really into that stuff," she hands me the pot of flowers and winks, "but she knows I'm always up for something new; anyway, take these to her, she has a whole section reserved for them in her garden and it happens to be incomplete," she saunters off to the counter, "give these to her and you might get your dick sucked, but you might be unlucky, she doesn't typically swing that way,"

Kurtz looks at me discretly before shaking his head,
"Thank you," he places his hands on my shoulders and I placed the garden pot back on a shelf, "But no thank you, we best be on our way,"

"Yeah, thank you for the help? I think," Walking through the door, I turn around to face the par,
"And by the way, I don't fancy having my dick sucked," glancing at Flo for a brief second, "Well, not particularly by her,"
Satisfied with the blush that creeps onto her cheeks, I smirk and walk out.

a/n I FKN LOVE CATE