Prologue

Prologue

I walk up to Tyler. His back facing me.

"Hey Tyler." I say with a nervous shake in my voice.

"Yeah?" He turns around to face me and stops.

"Hey Casey," he says with a slight smile. "what's up?"

"Nothing. I was just w-wondering if y-you'd want to co-. No this is stupid. Nevermind." I stopped and started walking away.

"No Casey wait. I have to ask you something." he calls after me. He catches up to me, grabbing my arm for me to slow down. He pulls on my arm making me face him. He puts his other hand on my free arm and looks me straight in the eyes. I gaze into his deep blue eyes and feel lost in them. I admire his shaggy dark hair and his little freckles barely noticeable unless you look at him closely. "Casey, will you go to prom with me?" he asks. I snap out of my trance and stare at him in disbelief for a moment.

"Is this a joke? That's not funny." I say with a stern look.

"I'm not joking Casey. Do you want to go to prom with me?" he asks again.

I stare at him again. This is too good to be true. This is what I had dreamed of since we were in 8th grade. "Yes! I'll go! I'll go! I'll go!" I exclaim.

I hear someone calling my name from a distance. It almost sounds like my mom.

"Casey!" the voice yells at me.

I feel cold all of the sudden. Everything faded away as I wake up to see my mom standing over me.

"Casey, it's seven o'clock," she says, "you're late for school."