Chapter 3

"Nice of you to join us Casey." Ms. Davidson says.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Davidson it won't happen again."

"It's alright just get to your seat so we can continue with class." she says with a reassuring smile.

I sit down and start catching up with my notes. My table partner just so happens to be my best guy friend, Adam. We share notes and help eachother on homework all the time.

"Ohhh you're late Casey." he teases and smiles at me.

"No shit." I whisper.

We sit through the lesson teasing eachother and being socially awkward. The bell rings for class to be over.

Macy runs up to me and starts blabbing about every single detail thats been on her mind since we went to math this morning. I turn and give her the look to shut up with a dismissive wave of my hand so that we are clear.

We put our things away in our lockers and hurry off to lunch. It's unbelievable what they serve us in this place.

We get to the tables and it starts to fill in fast. I sit at the end and across from me sits Macy. Next to Macy sits Sarah and next to me sits Alexis. the rest of the table fills in with the rest of our friends.

"Are you gonna eat that?" Sarah asks reaching at my tray for my "chicken" nuggets.

I slap her hand away." Yes I am! Back off. I didn't get breakfast this morning."

"I..a never get breakfast in the morning cause..a my parents tell me I..a cant." Alexis says. Everyone jut stares at her because shes always full of it.

"Well I'm sorry that you're being starved" I say with an attitude saying I am 210% done. I get up to go dump my tray.

I see Tyler in the hallway talking to his friends. I casually walk by the mirror in the hall to see of I look good.

'What the hell..?' I think to myself while I examine my features. My long light brown hair is a frizzy mess, my eyeliner looks ok, the black outline complimenting my greyish blue eyes.

I start walking down the hall trying to be positive of how I look. I see Tyler come from the opposite direction. I turn around quickly and start walking fast.

"Casey!" He yells to me.

I stop and hold my arms down at my sides. "Shit." I mumble under my breath. I stand up straight and smile turning to face him not realizing that he was only about two feet from me. I jump a little backing up a bit.

"Hey," he says looking down at me.

"Heeyy," i say stretching the word hopeing i can get out of the conversation.

"You know Casey," he starts, "I've been thinki-" he gets cut off by the bell for our last class of the day.

All the kids start rushing out of their classes. I smile at Tyler,"Tell me some other time k." I start walking away. When I looked back, Tyler was standing in the same place with his head down staring at the floor where I stood before.