Chapter 4

I couldn't stop thinking about the empty look on his face. I kept wondering what he was about to say. I opened my locker and got everything out for my last period of the day, Science with Ms. Piniple.

"Hey you."

I turn around to see my ex, Conner Hamel holding his text book and pencil box for math.

"Hi." I say, still hurt from about three weeks ago when he broke up with me. "Well that was cold" He says giving me a look that had always pissed me off.

"Just stop Conner."

"Stop what? Talking to you? I'll talk to you if I feel like it."

"I'm sure you will." i say giving him a smirk. He slams my locker, luckily I was done getting everything I needed.

"You have a nice day now Conner." I say with a flip of my hair and a sarcastic smile. As I walk by him i flip all of his materials out of his hands. I hear his pens and pencils clash to the floor but I don't even look back.

I walk into science and see Tyler sitting next to my usual spot. This was the only class we actually could pick our own seats day by day and we all took advantage of it. I frantically glance around the room searching for a different spot so I didnt have to sit by Tyler. Nothing.

"Shit." i whisper to myself.

"What was that Casey?" Ms. Piniple asks quirking an eyebrow at me.

"I said 'Im going to sit.'" I lie.

"Mhm." says Ms. Piniple.

I take the only seat left next to Tyler. I don't know what to do with myself.

I look up at the whiteboard and see the schedule for class.

•Bellwork

• Watch rock/mineral video

• Partner activity

• dismissal

Partner activity? That usually means table partners which would mean being partners with Tyler.

I feel a warm sensation on my arm. I look down and see that his arm is touching mine. I look up at Tyler. He smiles at me.

We sit through the whole class almost shoulder to shoulder until we get to the partner activity.

"You can choose who your partner is today."

I look at Macy who had fallen asleep on her desk. I look around to find Sarah sleeping too. Thats when i suddenly realized that Tyler hadn't moved yet. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye not turning my head to look at him.

"Do you want to be my partner Casey?" He asks with such smooth tone it makes my knees go weak. I don't want to be his partner because I dont want to act stupid in front of him. But what am i supposed to do? Tell him no?

"Sure." i say with a nervous shake to my voice.

"You ok?" he asks with genuine concern in his eyes. "Just peachy." I say laughing through my nose a little.