Chapter 1

I see Macy, my bestfriend, in the hallway. "Hey buddy." I say winking at her.

She just nods at me and walks with me to my locker. "Is everything ok Macy?" I say with concern. She leans against the locker next to mine and slides down until she's sitting on the floor. "No," she replies. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Logan doesn't even notice me. His locker is next to mine and the only thing we've ever said to eachother is, 'can you move?'"

"Just give it time Macy. He'll come around."

"No he won't!" she snaps.

"Hey we're both single do-" I stopped in mid sentance as Tyler Hade walked past us. I eyed him down in desire as his dark shaggy hair swayed with each step. His deep blue eyes sparkled. His smile was to die for.

"Stop being creepy Casey."

I snapped out of my daydream and looked down at Macy who was still sitting against the lockers. "My bad." I said feeling embarrassed. I couldn't get rid of that feeling of wanting something you just can't have. To be honest, I wanted Tyler. And it killed me inside that he didn't want me.

That's when I realized what Macy was going through.

The bell rang for class to begin. "Off to math! My favorite class!" I exclaimed with sarcasm in my voice.

I sat in my seat as Mr. Creb walked in greeting everyone.

"Goodmorning class," he said in his usual flat, monotone voice. "Today we will be learning about liner equations and how to find the Nth term."

I took out my notebook and began to doodle.

"Casey Schmidt, are you paying attention?" Mr. Creb asked quirking an eyebrow at me. "Nope." I said stiffly not looking up from my page that now was filled with random drawings.

"What is the Nth term in problem 10?"

"I don't care." I said looking up at him and smirking.

"Well this concerns all of us." he said with frustration in his voice.

"And your point is...?" I asked not really caring about what he had to say since he was failing me anyway.

"Ms. Schmidt, can I have a word with you after class?" There was whispers throughout the room.

"I don't know, can you?" I asked giving him a stupid look.

"Stay after class Casey." he said in a stern tone leaving no room for arguement.