Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

(Ochihabune begins)

Menma's P.O.V.:

"You're doing it all wrong..." I said gently as I showed the summoning seal for her again.

"Erm, Menma... Can we just wait till Naruto comes back? It's just that he told me before if I don't have a contract with any beast then I might summon something dangerous." Hinata said nervously as I frowned at her.

"But that blonde idiot is taking too long! He says he went to the toilet but it's been 20 minutes already!" I groaned and Hinata flinched at my raised voice.

"Oh... Sorry... Hinata..." I mumbled sheepishly as I rubbed the back of my neck.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I'm the type of guy who hates vanilla sex and cuddling all these sweet sappy romantic stuff! Why the hell am I being so nice to this Hinata?!? In fact, why does she have a soft spot in my heart?!?

"It-it-it's okay Menma... I understand Naruto can take a bit long in the toilet at times..." Hinata answered me with a small smile.

I opened my mouth to try asking her out for a date but I decided against it. I gave Tsunade grandma my word that I won't try to hit on Hinata and I'll try my best at keeping that promise... Besides, I can tell Hinata is madly in love with Naruto... I wonder whether the Hinata from my world loves me as much as this Hinata loves Naruto...

"Menma?" Hinata's worried voice shook me out of my reverie.

"Huh? Yeah?" I asked with a stunned face and that made Hinata giggle.

I blushed and for once, that blonde idiot appeared at the perfect timing.

"What's going on?" he asked suspiciously as Hinata smiled softly and shook her head.

"Nothing Naruto. Menma here dazed out as I was talking to him. I just found his expression funny." Hinata answered gently and Naruto's body relaxed as he threw me a dirty look.

"Hmph, took you long enough you blonde idiot. Let's get back to our training." I rolled my eyes as Naruto smirked at me.

*~*

Sakura's P.O.V.:

"Sasuke, take a break..." I told him gently as I helped him up.

We were deep inside the abandoned Uchiha district where the Uchiha tablet is being kept...

"I can't... For the Hidden Leaf village..." Sasuke breathed heavily as he slumped to the floor, bringing me along with him.

"Damn it Sasuke!" I cursed softly as I used my superhuman strength to carry him up. "Please Sasuke, you'll overuse your eyes! I know you already have eternal mangekyou but that doesn't mean you can overuse them!" I scolded him.

"I have to hurry on this mission..." Sasuke whispered as he got up to his feet and pushed me away gently. "I just got important news from the Hokage that the Akatsuki is coming here for Naruto and Menma..."

My eyes widened in shock as I ran to his side and helped him to lean against the Uchiha tablet. Sasuke bent his head down and stared hard at the stone tablet.

"Only I can open the infinite Tsukuyomi world since I am the last living Uchiha. I don't know who resurrected Pain but I believe Jiraiya sannin's information. If Pain comes here to get Naruto and Menma, then it'll all be over for us..." Sasuke told me softly and I held onto both of his shoulders tightly from behind.

"Sakura... What are you..." Sasuke asked in disbelief as I looked at him with determination.

"I'll give every ounce of chakra to you so you can open up that genjutsu world. Do it Sasuke!" I encouraged him as Sasuke gave me a charming smirk before resuming to his eye techniques again.

*~*

"I'll take over from here. You guys can go home." Neji answered in a frosty voice as Menma showed indifference and just crossed his arms.

"Don't need to be so cold Neji." Naruto grumbled as Neji raised an eyebrow.

"I know Hinata sama requires three people to constantly protect her but there's me, Ko and not to mention Hiashi sama. Is that not comforting enough for you?" Neji asked and Naruto pouted at him as Hinata giggled.

"Naruto, you gotta lighten up. Neji nii san is like my big brother so he's overprotective and defensive of me." Hinata laughed softly as Naruto managed a smile at his girlfriend.

"Hinata sama, Hiashi sama wants to see you." Neji interrupted and Hinata nodded her head as she went inside.

The moment Hinata was out of sight, Neji turned his icy gaze to Menma and Naruto.

"You two blokes, remember to come to Hinata sama's birthday party next week. Hiashi sama is inviting you all since he has decided to do a coronation for her to be the Hyuga heiress." Neji informed with an expressionless tone and Menma's and Naruto's eyes widened.

"Does-does..." Naruto stuttered but Neji shook his head.

"No. It's a surprise so keep your big mouth shut." Neji said coldly as he closed the door.

"Jeez, don't need to be so rude Neji!" Naruto shouted at the closed door but got no reply.

"Damn it!" Naruto cursed as Menma smirked at him and they both parted ways...

(Ochihabune ends)