Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

(Hoshi No Utsuwa Instrumental begins)

Needless to say, Naruto and Sasuke fought with Pain fiercely and they won the battle... It's been almost a year after Pain's attack when Naruto asked Hinata out to the playground where they first met each other...

"Naruto, it's so late at night. You know my dad is going to have your head once he knows it's you who asked me out..." Hinata scolded him playfully as she walked on in front.

When she turned around to face her boyfriend who has stopped walking, he was down on his knees. In his hands, there was an opened box with a diamond ring in it.

"Hi-Hinata Hyuga..." Naruto said nervously as Hinata's pale lavender eyes widened in surprise then it brimmed with tears when realization hit her.

"Damn it I'm not supposed to stutter..." Naruto cursed and Hinata giggled at his antics as she bent down to his eye level.

"Hi-Hinata you're not supposed to bend down with me!" Naruto stammered as Hinata laughed softly and held out her hand.

"Yes Naruto, I will marry you." she said sweetly.

Naruto's blue eyes sparkled as he took the diamond ring and slipped it into a delicate wedding finger.

"It fits you nicely..." Naruto sighed as Hinata smiled.

"You got help from Hanabi didn't you?" she asked and Naruto rubbed the back of his head.

"However did you know? Did she tell you?" Naruto asked sheepishly but Hinata shook her head.

"No, she was making me try on all sorts of rings for the past month..." Hinata chuckled and Naruto grumbled under his breath on how incompetent Hanabi was at being discreet.

"Hinata..." Naruto cleared his throat and Hinata turned to face him.

"Yes Naruto?"

"Erm... Did... Did... Did... Menma say... Anything to you... On the day... you know... he..." Naruto couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence but Hinata's eyes softened.

"Yes... He did say something..."

Naruto's ears perked up at this and he looked at Hinata seriously.

"What... What... did he... he say?" Naruto stuttered and Hinata smiled at the memory.

"He said he loved me... Did he say something to you?" Hinata asked and for once, Naruto didn't feel any anger or jealousy towards Menma...

"He told me to take care of you... I guess he grew fond of you during his stay here..." Naruto chuckled as Hinata blushed at his words.

"Well I guess any specimen of Naruto Uzumaki will always love Hinata Hyuga!" Naruto grinned as he hugged Hinata tightly and gave her a kiss on her lips, making her squeak in return before kissing him back passionately...

(Hoshi No Utsuwa Instrumental ends)