First 5 Chapters of SFHS

The Sassy, The Fab, The Hipster, The Swag- POV by @sugarcubes_on_fire

Chapter One: (Tris's POV)

Katniss and I are at the Mellark-Eaton Bakery eating chocolate donuts with sprinkles. Just a regular day while Peeta and a Tobias are busy baking bread and Dauntless cake. "Donuts are good," I say. "But Dauntless cake is better." Katniss laughs. "The lamb stew from the Capitol is my favorite." "But Katniss, that's too healthy!" "I have swag. Health food swag." She makes a peace sign and I roll my eyes.

Tobias comes out of the kitchen and places a freshly made chocolate cake in the display case. One piece is missing, as he claims he has to "taste test" every cake to make sure it is the "delicious dauntless-style". He still has some chocolate frosting on his face. "Here, let me get that for you." I say and teasingly lick my thumbs and smear it off his cheek. He wraps his hands around my waist and smiles. "Missed a spot," he says. He leans in and kisses me in that way that makes my heart flutter. Then we hear a loud coughing. We turn and see Peeta a few feet away.

"You still have cakes to bake, Eaton. For that big order someone made last week." He raises his eyebrows and winks at Katniss. I shove Tobias back into the kitchen. "Yeah, get baking, Four." Tobias lets out an exaggerated sigh. Peeta takes his job at the bakery a lot more serious than Tobias does. It's like the only things on his mind are Katniss and bread. He's sweet, but nothing in comparison to Tobias.

"Hey Tris, um, I was thinking we could go shopping or something today. If you want to." Katniss says. We're both awkward about doing girly things, that's why we are besties. "Sure, there's an outlet mall around here somewhere." Katniss has no idea how to drive, so I have to do the best I can, which isn't very good. We're in the parking lot of the mall when I see someone I recognize and I stop in my tracks. Caleb.

Chapter Two: (Peeta's POV)

Once the girls leave the bakery, Tobias gets to baking muffins and I start frosting the giant dauntless cake he ordered. Apparently he is throwing a huge surprise party for Tris that consists of him, her, me, Katniss, and her brother she hates. I remember telling Katniss to take Tris shopping so they could meet up with her brother. Tobias told me Katniss might have to restrain Tris if things got ugly.

No doubt Katniss could be able to take down Tris, though Tobias wasn't so sure. First off, Katniss is two years older. Second, she survived the Hunger Games twice. I did too. That's a lot more than Tobias can boast of doing. He thinks he's so much better me because he can fire a gun and might be a little better looking than me. Just a little. Plus, he's a terrible baker.

Katniss forced me to hire him since he and Tris are such good friends. Of course I tried to reason with her. I only agreed when she got out her bow and arrow and said I would end up like Marvel if I didn't hire Tobias. Isn't she a sweetheart. I finish writing the cheesy words Four told me to write on the cake, "I love you, my brave selfless honest smart kind Tris".

I still don't get why they always talk about how cool their factions were. They just seem like our districts but separated by personalities rather than products made. I would've probably chosen Amity, and Katniss would have chosen Dauntless. Then we wouldn't be together. That's why I don't like the factions idea. Katniss and I are meant for each other like butter is meant for bread.