Chapters 16-20 of SFHS

Chapter Sixteen: Tobias's POV

I look out the window while putting a dauntless cake on display at the Mellark-Eaton Bakery. Snow is gently falling, blanketing the town in white. A familiar Christmas tune plays in the bakery. Christmas was celebrated differently in each of the factions.

Abnegation focused on family togetherness and giving handmade gifts to each other. Candor sent Christmas cards to each other that read "Merry Christmas, but I don't like you at all" or "I'm only sending this Christmas card to you because you have no friends". In dauntless traditional Christmas gatherings included chugging eggnog until you threw up and throwing any Christmas gifts you didn't like into the Chasm. Amity sang Christmas carols and made snowmen. Erudite discussed how it was physically impossible for reindeer to fly and how one man could deliver presents to each house in the city in one night, and how they could genetically alter a human to have elf ears.

Right now I'm not as into the holiday spirit. I'm only focused on the wedding which is taking place in about a week. The cake is taken care of, Effie has made all the decorations and planned the reception. The guest list is set, thanks to the Doctor. He has invited some special guests but he won't tell us who they are. Possibly more friends of ours from out of time. Tris has a dress, but I'm not allowed to see it.

"Four, can you help me with the bread?" Peeta asks from in the kitchen. "Coming," I reply. I go back in the kitchen and he hands me some dough to knead. "You're still not going to tell me what her dress looks like, are you." I say. Peeta shakes his head while kneading. "Nope." "Okay then. When are you going to propose to Katniss again?" We've been insulting each other less lately, maybe it's just the holiday spirit. "My nineteenth birthday is in February, so maybe on Valentine's day."

I smirk. "Oh, I'm turning nineteen in March. Funny how I still look older than you." "Ha-ha." Peeta says without emotion. "Effie said that you would want to know that someone named Evelyn will be at your wedding." I perk my head up. I guess it's nice to know someone will be there that I know. "Evelyn is my mother." "Ah, what about your father?"

"We don't exactly get along." "Well, neither did me and my dad. But both of my parents are dead. I regret not being closer to them." "I don't think I would ever regret not being close to my dad." We finish making the bread and I'm about to go on my break. "Hey, Peeta, would you mind being my best man. I mean, it's either you or Caleb." He nods. "Sure. I guess this means we're friends now?" Peeta asks with sarcastic enthusiasm. "Not a chance." I say and walk out the door.

Chapter Seventeen (Tris's POV)

I'm at home in very Abnegation mood, because I'm making Christmas gifts. I recently learned how to make snowglobes so I put my skills I the test. For Katniss I made a snowglobe of what I imagined her first hunger games arena looked like. It has little Katniss and Peeta figurines in a cave that she told me was where they had their first kiss.

For Peeta I made one with his little figurine outside the Mellark Bakery in District 12 holding a piece of burnt bread. Then I have the little Katniss sitting by a tree looking all starving. Katniss told me about how he saved her life that day. For Effie I made one of her in a silly outfit standing by a mahogany table. For Haymitch I made one of him with a bottle of liquor. For the Doctor it's a snowglobe of him in his TARDIS.