Chapter 5

Luke's POV:

It is now 9 pm, and I'm standing in front of Calum's house with Alexa, Ashton, and Elena. Paige and Michael were on their way.

I saw Ashton looking up at the house. "Do we have to do the séance here? It's too sad for me to be around his house."

"Calum died here we have to." This morning I did a little bit of research on Ouija boards to refresh my mind on the rules and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing now.

"And his parents allowed you to do this in their house?"

"I never asked them." I replied. They wouldn't mind right? I mean it's only their son I'm trying to contact, nothing evil.

My eyes shifted over to Elena, who looked pretty nervous. "Elena, you okay?"

She looked back at me "Yea I'm fine. It's just a little scary knowing I might possibly talk to my dead boyfriend."

"Don't worry, you'll be okay." I unlocked the door, turned on the lights, and let them in. "You guys find a place to sit, I'll go get the board."

I went upstairs and took the board out of Calum's closet. God I really hope this works. I'm facing my fears to be able to talk to my best friend again this needs to work. As I was about to leave I looked over at the pictures on his dresser and picked up the most recent one showing just him. A couple of websites I went on said that you can try using a picture to contact a specific spirit. I don't know if it actually works but it's worth trying.

I started going back down the stairs and heard the doorbell ring. When I got to the bottom, I saw Ashton and Elena sitting in the middle of the living room and Alexa answering the door to Paige and Michael.

"Hey, we got a text from Luke saying to come over here around 9 for something important. What's going on?" Paige asked, concerned.

I pointed to the floor and said "Just sit with them I'll explain everything." They listened, and I joined soon after, putting the board down in front of us.

Michael looked at me. "You're telling me Paige and I had to cut our date short for a stupid board game?"

"It's not a game, it's a Ouija board. They let you talk to spirits, and we as all of Calum's closest friends are gonna use it to try and talk to him."

Paige started laughing "Luke those things don't actually work! You can't talk to ghosts it's impossible."

"Paige..." Ashton put a hand on her arm. He was looking at her with a 'we-know-he's-crazy-just-support-him-and-go-along-with-it-so-we-can-get-this-over-with-and-he-can-move-on' look. I was fully aware that the only other person in the room that seemed to believe in this was Elena, and I can't wait to prove them all wrong.

We shifted so we were sitting in a circle with the board in the center of us, and I explained to them how it works.

"Alright so there are three very important rules to the Ouija. Never play in a graveyard, never leave the board without saying goodbye, and never play alone."

They all nodded to show they understood.

"When using this board, do we all agree to never move the planchette ourselves?" They all said yes. "All movement is done by whatever spirit is contacted. I'm looking at you Michael."

Everyone else looked at Michael too.

"What?! What makes you think I'd be the one to move it?...Don't answer that."

I put the picture of Calum at the top of the board, and Alexa looked at it. "You know, I never noticed this before, but he kinda looks like that type of guy you'd see working at a Hot Topic." she joked.