Chapter 15

Luke's POV:

I got back home where Paige, Michael, and Ashton were still there waiting for me. They told me that while I was gone they got a call saying that Alexa's funeral is tomorrow, and it killed me to have to hear those words. I really wish it would've been me that died instead of her, she had so much more to live for.

I explained them what Pete said we had to do to prevent the rest of us from being killed and Michael motionlessly stared at me.

"You're saying there is a dead body in Calum's basement...for nine years we've been playing video games down there and it's been in there with us the whole time? Bro fuck that shit I am never stepping foot in that house again!"

Ashton looked at me funny. "You sure he's not just bullshitting you? I mean you're taking advice from a 75 year old man who lives in a mental hospital. I don't know it just seems pretty strange how there can be a dead body stored away in that house for sixty years and not one person who's lived there afterwards has found it. It doesn't make sense!"

"I know but honestly, what has made sense this past week?" I argued

"Couldn't we just call Sam and Dean or something?" Paige asked

"Come on guys I can't go down there alone. Don't you want to make this all stop?"

The three of them stayed silent for a minute, looking at each other.

Paige sighed "Alright fine but I have to bring David home first."

"And I need to get something from my apartment." Ashton added

I agreed and let them go while Michael glared at me and shook his head. "Dude I can't believe you're making me do this."

How did I ever get stuck with the reputation of being the wimp of the group?

* * * * * *

An hour later the four of us were getting ready to open the door to Calum's basement when I noticed Ashton had three flashlights in his hands from his apartment.

"Why did you bring those?" I asked "Calum's basement has lights to it you know."

"What, you never know when you might need them." he shrugged

I rolled my eyes and went down the stairs, turning on the light switch along the way.

"Pete is said the secret room entrance looks similar to a heating vent from the outside or something like that, and when you look inside there's wood boarded up. The only thing is I've never noticed anything like that down here before."

"Maybe it's on the unfinished side." Michael suggested "Didn't Calum say his family only redid half the basement and used the unfinished side for like storage, and their washing machine and dryer, shit like that?"

Before anyone could respond all the lights went out, making it almost pitch black, the room started shaking, and the TV remote that had been resting on a nearby shelf flew at us, but we quickly moved out of the way before it could hit us.

"They're here!" Paige joked, purposely sounding like the little kid from Poltergeist.

"See this is why you bring flashlights with you in places like this!" Ashton stated as he handed me one.

We shone them around until we eventually found the door to the unfinished side and started searching through that area instead.

"I still don't see it." Michael complained

I found myself standing in a corner at the other end of the room, slightly doubting Pete until a large storage box resting against the wall near the furnace caught my eye. "Guys, come help move this."