Crashin' Into My Eyes

*Another disclaimer: Texas, has not happened in this storyline and it won't happen. I will put some of the events from texas in the book {campfire, cough cough} but they won't happen in texas. Even though I made them older, some events of the story will be the same, but they didn't happen in middle school and will occur in high school*

Maya's POV

I was walking down the sidewalk, making my way towards Riley's apartment. I was looking down at my song book, still reading some of my old songs. I was reading one called "Can't Blame a Girl For Trying". It's actually one of my favorites, but I cringe when I read it sometimes. I don't know if it's good or not.

I bumped into someone, and fell straight to the floor. I looked up and saw Lucas, cowboy, huckleberry, ranger rick, the list continues. He offered me his hand, and I took it. I dropped my song book and Lucas reached for it but I yelled, "NO! I got it!"

He looked at me confused, "What is it?"

"Nothing" I said.

"Maya, what is it?" he said, concerned.

"None of your business," I replied reaching for it. I guess I wasn't fast enough, because he grabbed it and held it up high. He used my shortness against me, how rude.

Truth is, I didn't want anyone to read my songs, especially Lucas, for three reasons. One, nobody knew that I sing and song write for that matter. Two, most of my songs are about, well, Lucas. I've liked him for the longest time, but I never acted on it, so I turned to songwriting. Three, if Lucas read the songs, I would DIE!

I jumped, and jumped, but then I started to get angry. I attacked him, with as much force as my little body could build up. I think it surprised him, because he fell onto the floor, bringing me with him. Our eyes crashed into each other's super quick.

We both lied there, on the empty sidewalk, laughing. I was right on top of him, looking into his green eyes. He looked back at me, silently, with a smile creeping onto his face. He moved a piece of dangling hair behind my ear. He stared into my eyes as if he could all day.  Every thought and emotion flooded through my head. But, I didn't have all day.

"Well, huckleberry, I- I- gotta... run to rrr...Riley's," I stutter, while grabbing my song book and shoving it into my backpack. I stood up and brushed myself off.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow... I guess," he responds, scratching the back of his neck, standing there.

We look into each other's eyes one more time, as if it was the last. I broke the contact, turned around, and sped walked to Riley's. I would remember that moment forever.