On Purpose

Maya's POV

I told him everything. The true meaning behind my song writing, my depression, my feelings, everything. He's the first person I've let read my songs. Lucas read each of them one by one. Eyes wide Open, We'll be the Stars, Wild Side, The Middle of Starting Over, etc.

He told me about how much he liked me. He told me how his past and I felt so close to him. Lucas explained how scared he was to admit that stuff to me. I told him how nervous I was to tell him everything.

Lucas quickly figured out my unfinished song was about the moment we had a few years ago. He let a small smile fall on his face. Then it hit me, a chorus and another verse to my song.

You're scared, I'm nervous

But I guess that we did it on purpose, on purpose, on purpose

Baby, I know it's weird, but it's worth it

Cause I guess that we did it on purpose, on purpose, on purpose

But I guess that we did it on purpose

Lucas read over the chorus. "It's perfect!"

He even helped me with the next part. He told me about a dream he had, and it was a little creepy because I had the same one. Every time him and I are together, it's like nothing else is happening around us and our hearts beat in sync.

My dreams running into your dreams

It's as if we wished on the same star

And my time, changing all of your time

It's a butterfly effect on my heart

All I had to do now was come up with a bridge and some other notes for the song. On Purpose was probably going to be one of the best ones yet.

Lucas's POV

Maya and I cuddled on her couch. She wanted me to stay over because she didn't feel safe being home alone tonight. My mother said it was okay, but she didn't know Maya and I were a thing yet.

"I guess I'll sleep on the couch then," I said.

"No way, you're sleeping with me cowboy," she laughed, "Relax, there is no way I'm doing that with you..."

That was totally fine by me, I didn't want to do that with Maya at all. We were only in high school.

Maya changed into an over sized t-shirt and I took my shirt off. I left my sweatpants on of course. Maya admired my abs and snuggled up next to me. Never in a million years would I have thought her and I would be in this position. 

"Good night huckleberry," Maya whispered.

I kissed the top of her forehead and played with strands of her blonde hair for a while. "Good night short stack."