A Dream

Lucas's POV

That night, I lied in bed staring up at the ceiling. I was thinking, deep. Maya wrote a song about me? Is this why she didn't want me to read the songs? Were they all about me?

I was in deep thought and started to slowly drift to sleep.

I dragged Maya by her hand, down the hallway and into the janitor's closet. I shut the door behind us.

We turn to look at each other's eyes. We seem to being dong that a lot lately.

"Maya, I figured it out...you like me," I said.

She took a step back and looked down at the ground, "No.. I-I don't. Why would you think that?"

"The song I heard you sing, you were clearly singing about how you act around me..."

"Lucas I-I..." she began before I cut her off.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her in close to me. There was only an inch of space between our faces. I closed the space by connecting our lips.  Maya kissed back. The kiss lasted for like 10 seconds before I pulled away.

"Whether you want to admit it or not... I know you like me and I like you too," I say.

Maya's POV

"Whether you want to admit it or not... I know you like me and I like you too," Lucas says.

I didn't know what to say. The guy I've liked for the last 3 years [A/N: they are at the end of their junior year in high school] finally likes me. Was I happy? Confused? I couldn't decide. I pulled  a Riley, and grabbed his face and kissed him. He smiled into the kiss, and it soon turned into a make out.

I hear foot steps behind me, but I don't care.

"Look who finally came to their senses!" she squealed. Of course it was Riley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shot up to the sound of my alarm. A dream, just great. A Lucas dream, where we kissed and Riley showed up. Of course she showed up.

I giggled to myself and got all dressed up for school. I smiled all morning and I couldn't help it.  Was it the Lucas dream or the fact is was a Friday? Maybe both?

I hear a knock on my window. I run over, open the curtains, and unlock it. He opens it.

"What are you doing here Ranger Rick?" I smile.

"Riley's sick today, and she asked me to walk to school with you," he smiled, "You look...good."

"Oh...uh thanks?" I blush.

I think he noticed me blushing cause his smirk turned into a a full smile. I followed him out my window and we walked to school.

On our walk, he slid his hand into mine and I looked at him. He smirked and said, "Maya, I had this dream last night..."

"Don't we all Huckleberry?"

"Yeah, but it got me thinking... you said that Can't Blame a Girl For Trying was about me, how so?"

Lucas's POV

This was it, I was gonna get the answer. Maya's about to admit that she likes me. Maybe I just wanted to hold her hand. LIES! Honestly, I like her too. Iv'e liked her since like the eighth grade, but you know, Riley always came first. Everyone expected me and Riley to go out, but i didn't like it at all.

"I wrote that song in eighth grade, but it was mainly about seventh grade. You, Riley, and I became even closer friends. I sung about all our adventures and all my mess ups. Then, there was a point when you and Riley became even more friendly with each other and I felt left out. But it was all good, cause that wasn't the case at all. Can't blame a girl for trying you know? in the end we're all still best friends."

Ouch. Friends is not what I wanted to hear.

"Yeah, best friends is all we'll ever be..." I said, smile fading away. I let go of her hand because I felt awkward now.

We walked through the school doors and parted ways. She went to Mr.Matthew's classroom early since Riley wasn't here, and I went to Farkle.

Farkle was the only person who knew how I felt about Maya, and I was the only person who knew about how he felt about Riley. Even when I tried dating her, he didn't care, because even he knew it wouldn't work out.

"Farkle! I can't stop thinking about Maya! What do I do?"

"Why don't you just tell her how you feel already! It's been like, what, 4 years?" he explains.

"What if she doesn't like me back?" I whisper.

"How do you know if you don't ask her?" he replies.

"What if she wants to stop being my friend? What if she makes fun of me?"

"Funny isn't it? Why does she make fun of you already, then?" Farkle said.

I stopped and stared at him. Maya's been making fun of me since, like, the seventh grade. Why?