1. Smoothies

"Hey I'll meet up with you guys in a few" I told my friends. I was at the mall with Nathan, Violet, and Nathan's "girlfriend" , Allison.

"I'm gonna buy myself a smoothie" I told them as they started towards another store. I needed an escape before Violet dragged me into the dressing room with a heap of clothes to try on.

"Not like anyone wants you here anyway" Allison growled, flipping her barbie-like blond hair over her shoulder.

"Can it Blondie" I flashed her a death glare. Allison is Nathan's current girl toy who spreads her legs at his demand. She pratically worships the kid. I never understood how Nathan could have a girl clinging to his arm every week. As much as I tried, I failed to stop him from being a player.

"Mkay meet us in here" Violet frowned, heading inside the store. Nathan looked at me with pleading eyes, almost begging me to take him with me. I chuckled and started towards the food court.

After I paid for my smoothie, I sat down at a deserted table. I looked up to see a group of kids (mostly jocks) from my school sitting across the food court, amongst them was Lucas Black, Dylan Lockhear, Ethan Smith, and Kai Martinez.

They were the star players on the football team of Hollandale High School as well as the hottest guys in the school.

I didn't realize I was still staring so hard until Dylan locked eyes with me and smirked. He whispered something to the rest of the boys and they all turned to look at me, smirking and laughing.

I turned as red as a tomato and looked down at my phone, pretending to be busy. I heard footsteps aproaching my table and looked up. It was Ethan. His friends were all looking in our direction ,smirking, except for Lucas, who was on his phone.

deep breaths Zo I told myself. Act natural.

"Hey Zoe!" Ethan said, while sliding into the seat across from me

"Hi" I spoke looking at him cautiously.

Why the fuck is he talking to me? Better yet, how does he know my name?

"Whats up?" He said clasping his hands, with a big grin slapped on his face.

"Uh..nothing" I said, almost like a question

buzz buzz. My phone vibrated and looked down

Violet - wya? we're waiting 4 ya
Zoe - coming. I have sitchi.

(BTW, Sitchi is another word for situation)

"Ok I won't keep you long" Ethan said.
I actually forgot he was still there.

"You look busy" He said gesturing to my phone, still wearing a silly grin.

Dylan and Kai were now talking to one another, shooting occasional glances our way. Lucas was no longer texting but staring intently at us, with a blank expression.

I cleared my throat. "Oh sorry. My friends are waiting for me." I said, looking at him.

"Oh ok...well there's this party this weekend and everybody is going. You should come" He said, looking a little bit uncomfortable.

"Um I don't know...I have plans.." I said.

Stuff my face with oreos while watching re-runs of Scream Queens.

"Just think about it" He said a little bit too quick. He seemed tense.

"Yeah ok...I will" I said taking a sip of my smoothie.

"Ok" Ethan said casually "See ya around" He said while getting up.

"Oh and say hi to Violet for me!"

Um..Did he just blush?..

"Ok I will" I said but he had already walked away.

I got up to throw my smoothie when I caught a glimpse of Lucas. He was still staring at me, now wearing a face of amusement.

I was shaking as I walked back towards my friend, knowing I had attracted the attention of the hottest boys in school. They were all attractive with hot bods and sexy smiles, but Lucas was a whole nother level. The things I would do to him if -

I suddenly got pulled out of my thoughts when I felt a strong arm yank me back and a large hand over my mouth.