2. My Neighbors

I suddenly got pulled out of my thoughts when I felt a strong arm yank me back and a large hand over my mouth.

"Where have you been?" A deep voice said.

"Nathan" I said, through gritted teeth, even though I wasn't really angry
"Get the fuck off me"

"Told you she wouldn't fall for it" Vi said, looking down on her phone. She had about 5 bags in her hand. Allison was just watching us with a blank stare.

"I'll get you next time, just watch" Nathan said, narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah ok" I said, rolling my eyes "Can we get outta here? I've got a heap load of homework"

"Anything for you Sunshine" Nathan said , with a sickenly sweet voice.

Once my friends dropped me home, I noticed a car in the driveway next door to my house. That house has been empty for as long as I could remember.

I opened up the front door just as my younger brother, Ryan, dashed by me.

"Bye Zoe!" He said. He had an armload of toys in his arms and a zip-loc of cookies.

"Where you going?!" I screamed, but he had already ran away.

I walked inside the kitchen to see my mom tossing a salad.

"Hi Mom" I said, grabbing a cookie off the counter.

"Hi sweetie, how was your day?" She said, flashing me a smile.

"It was fine..where was Ryan going?" I asked.

"Oh there is a nice family that just moved in next door and they have a little boy about the same age as Ryan, so Ryan was invited for a play date."She said "Oh and another boy about the same age as you" She said, now winking.

I ignored her wink. "Well, I'm gonna get started on my homework" I started for the stairs.

"Ok honey" My mom said. "The food will be ready in a few"

Once I got in my room, I peeked out to the house across. The room across my window had the light on. It was definitly the teen boy's room.

I sighed and started my homework. A few math problems later, I noticed a shadow on my curtains. I pulled back my curtains and stared into the room across from mine.

My mouth dropped open.

O M F G.

It was Lucas Black.

And it just so happened that he decided at that moment to turn and stare directly at me.

Like dead in my eyes.