three - golden days by panic! at the disco

"That is the most perfect love story I have ever heard," Brandon wipes a fake tear from his eye.

Punching him, I say, "We are just friends. Nothing more nothing less."

"Uh-huh. I'll tell everyone you said that at your future wedding," he snorts. "But I'll still beat him up before then of course," he nods solemnly.

Brandon runs away before I can punch him, "I'll go write fanfic about you guys!" He yells.

Halfway tempted to run after him, I sit down on the edge of my bed and think. Why is Brandon acting this way? Normally he hates when I talk to anyone of the opposite gender except him and his teammates (because he'll beat them up if they make a move on me). If I ever see Colton again, will we be on a friend basis? I hope so, but he was so shy, I have no idea. Seeing him yesterday, my mind is going haywire. Maybe I should stop thinking about it.

Yes, I should take my mind off of it. I run down the stairs, grabbing my writing notebook on the way. "Brandon, I'm heading to the park!"

"Okay! But the parentals are picking me up in an hour to go to a football game, be back before then!"

I shrug my jacket on. "Dress warm! You know you get cold easily!" I shout.

Brandon knows he and cold don't mix well together, yet he didn't think twice about picking outdoor football over baseball. He's talented equally in both like some superhuman, and he loves them both as if they were his children. The whole family was surprised when we found out his decision, we all thought he would pick baseball because it would be warmer outside then. It doesn't matter though as long as he's happy.

Brandon yells in a bored tone, "Okay, mother."

The door slamming is my response.

***

The park was just a ten minute walk away from my house. The sunset is a perfect orange and pink, making it seem like it was straight out of a movie scene. Warm colored leaves were falling off the trees and chill November air sent shivers down my spine.

November was my favorite time of year, the chill air, the hoodies, warm colors everywhere you look. Also my birthday was coming up, November tenth. So all around November was the best month of the year for me.

Finding my rightful place on bench #32 of the park, I open my notebook and survey my options, "Should I write in Breaking the Curse? Or Throughout the Season?" I murmur to myself. I eventually settle on Breaking the Curse.

Before I know it, I'm jotting a bunch of ideas down. "Yes, he should do this. No she should be more sarcastic, never too much sarcasm. Phillip wouldn't say that would he?" Thinking out loud, I dare anyone to try and eavesdrop on my conversation.

The lampposts turned on, making me snap out of my dazed writing state. Shaking down my sleeve and looking at my watch, I realize my parents will be home in ten minutes. Oh shit, we can't leave the house unless they're home or they've given us permission. If they find out I was here, and especially with them not knowing, goodbye life, it was nice knowing you.

Sprinting from my spot, I take the trail I came from and hightail it home.

***

Climbing up trees is harder than I remember.

I used do it all the time when I was a kid. Grab onto the branches and hide in the leaves when I pulled myself up. I did it all the time when I was in trouble. Well, Mom and Dad just pulled down the street and I panicked and scrambled up the tree in the front yard. When did I get so fucking heavy?  I think. In my new vision of the street, I see Mom's car stop and her and Dad get out. They go inside the house, and I count till one hundred before descending the tree and scurrying to the backyard.