JOSH X ALEX~once upon a time

It was complicated. Josh and I were best friends, and that's all we were. Nothing more, nothing less. He always looked out for me and I looked out for him. He trusted me and I trusted no one. But we were just good friends. 

I turned to him, forgetting he was over visiting. "Hey, what's wrong Alex. You've seemed so down lately. Do you want to talk?" He asked, kindly. 

I shook my head no, holding in my words and tears. Something in me kept telling me to let it out. Tell Josh. 

No. 

Tell him.

"Josh... I like you. I don't want this to ruin our friendship but I can't keep it from you and..." I was cut off by my own sobs. 

He didn't respond. He just brushed the hair out of my face and took his thumb, wiping the tears off my cheeks. Josh leaned in, his lips parted slightly as they reached mine. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as he kissed me softly, his hand on my leg as I held his shirt collar, lightly stretching the cotton fabric. Suddenly, my hands began to shake and he pulled away as thoughts ran through my head.  This worst last forever, this is just pity. I can't put trust in him. I can't. 

"What's the matter darling?" He asked. I repeated roughly what was on my mind and he just let me cry into his shoulder, patting my back and saying reassuringly, "no, that isn't true. I will stay. You can trust me."

And from that moment on I trusted one person.

Hey Alex I tried to make this longer since it was your first. I hope you like it. :)