False Hope.

"What is it Max?" Chloe asked me.
Judging from her facial expression she had seen the horrified look on my face after her mentioning Warren. It had led me to deep thoughts about who else's lives had been taken in that cafe at that point as well. As the names went on Frank was eventually added to the list.
"Max I'm not starting this damn engine until you tell me what the fuck is going on. I know you're having one of them shit types of visions again."
I made eye contact with Chloe.
"Everything is fine I assure you. Just start the engine please." I lied.
"If everything is all 'fine' then why the fuck do you look as if you're about to cry?"
"I'm just preparing myself for the worst that's all."
As I said that Chloe's facial expression quickly changed from angered, to sad. As if reality had finally struck her. I turned away so I didn't have to see her face. At this point I was even considering if saving her was worth it. After making that sacrifice I instantly knew that my life or Chloe's wouldn't be normal. Though, now that I think about it, either way wouldn't have had a normal outcome.
Once the engine was finally started the whole car drive there was just silence with the odd few sighs from Chloe every now and again. I'm surprised she had even remembered the way back since we had driven which seemed hours away.
I manoeuvred my hand towards Chloe's arm, she pulled away before I could make contact. She replied with another sigh but this time followed by actual words.
"I'm sorry Max I'm just not in the mood right now."
I didn't reply. I didn't want to. Instead I just started playing with my hand which is what I always used to do when I was bored. Bending my finger back etc maybe even chewing the nails. There was nothing else to do besides that.
Suddenly I felt a great pain in my hand. I looked at it to see that it had become red within seconds. Chloe didn't even bother with me at this point, I don't think she cared whether I was in pain or not. Only thing that was keeping her going at this point were her parents.
I tried to bend my fingers but my hand was in too much pain to allow me to do anything. What was happening? Do I still have my powers or is this them leaving me once and for all? The only way to find out was to raise my hand up in the air aiming forward.
When I had gained the strength I started to raise my hand. I closed my eyes.
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~
Sorry it's a short update, but it's hard to think of what exactly to write sometimes. But hope you guys enjoy it! If I don't update this one for a while, check out my Tlou one if you want called 'Lose our minds Together.' But if you aren't interested in them kind of things then that's fine:) I'll try to update more before I go back school in September.