Can't Stop That Awkward Feeling

Angel's P.O.V

"Angel! Skylar! Get your lazy butts out of bed it's time to get up!" the ever "soothing" voice of our loving sister Lyca, screams at us from down stairs. For the third time this morning.

"Lyca Shut Up! We're awake Goddamnit!" Skylar retorts equally as loud from our bedroom door.

"Well hurry the hell up, we're gonna be late!" I hear her shout as she disappears into another room.

"we'll be down in a minute!" Skylar says shutting our door, with some force I have to say, then mutters something that sounds like "noisy bitch." and "won't let me sleep on a school day."

Oh Skylar, she really loves her sleep and I mean really, she's one of those people that If you try and wake her before twelve at the weekend, well, you've pretty much signed you're own death notice.

"Sky, you do know school starts at 9 right?" I say laughing at her disgusted expression when I say "9".

"Yeah, so?"

"So, you can't sleep in on a school day, waking up early is required." I say still laughing

"yeah I know, I don't mind the waking up early, much," she mutters the last part and I chuckle."It's how goddamn noisy Lyca is!"

"well Sky let's be honest, if Lyca didn't scream at us each morning, you'd never be in school on time." she looks as though she is about to protest then quickly surrenders.

"Yeah you're right, Lyca's been awesome, I mean taking care of us when Raven found Leo and acting like a mom to us..." she trails off at the end, mom and dad are a pretty touchy subject. She doesn't like to talk about them too much.

Our mom and dad were killed in a car accident 10 years ago. Raven took care of us until we were about 10 years old, then Lyca took over when Raven met her mate, Leo and moved to Canada, She's even got two kids now.

"well," she says interrupting my thoughts "let's go so we can get breakfast before we have to face the joyous hellhole that is school." I chuckle at her severe pessimism as we head downstairs. She normally likes school, it's just lately she's starting to complain about it more, oh well. As we enter the kitchen we're greeted by Harley and Tyler sitting eating at the island and Lyca setting out our breakfast on it.

"Morning you two." Lyca greets us in a seemingly happier mood now that we're actually down stairs.

"Morning Lycs." we respond in unison earning an odd look from Tyler.

"you two are so freaky when you do that." he quips shaking his head at us.

I smile mischievously at Skylar and she returns the smile as we both say "Do what Ty?"

"Ahh! Stop it you pair of Demons!" he says in fake horror

We all laugh at Tyler's dramatics then begin to eat in a comfortable silence. Suddenly Harley shifts in her seat and pulls out her phone, beginning to text while half smiling.

"S'up Har?" Skylar asks before anyone else can. When Harley doesn't answer, she brings her back to reality (pretty loudly) "Har!"

"Huh? Oh sorry, what did you say?" she asks as if she's just been brought out of a trance.

"I said 'S'up Har?'." she replies, from what I can see, a little irritated by her ignorance.

"Oh sorry Sky, Uh nothin's up I'm just texting Drake." She smiles brightly at Skylar and I freeze on hearing Drake's name. I hate that guy with a passion! There's just something about him that gives me the creeps and my nightmare doesn't help the case.

Skylar's face also drops on hearing his name, but it's only for a split second, then she forces a smile and says "Oh,Okay." she looks everywhere but at Harley, then her eyes land on the clock, "Oh look at that, it's time to go." she announces a little too brightly for someone who's was just complaining that school was a hellhole, I'll need to ask her about that later, but if truth be told I'm glad she did, I may have lost it if I had to sit there any longer and that wouldn't have done anygood for this now awkward situation. I'll really need to talk to Skylar later.

Skylar's P.O.V

"I said 'S'up Har?'." god I hate it when she does that, she can be so ignorant sometimes.

"Oh sorry Sky, Uh nothin's up I'm just texting Drake." she smiles brightly at me and I feel Angel go rigid next to me on hearing Drake's name. Curious, I'll need to ask her about that.

I feel my own face drop but it's only for a split second then I have a forced (but hopefully real looking) smile on my face, I'm pretty sure Angel saw it though. Damn her over-heightened senses!

"Oh okay" I say trying to sound as non-chalant as possible when in reality the very sound of that asswipes name makes my skin crawl.

I look everywhere but at Harley or I might snap and scream that I despise her long-term boyfriend, but that'd be a bit awkward when I can't explain why, that it's just a "feeling" I have and that it's only very recently that I've started feeling this way.

My eyes finally land on the clock, yes an escape route! "oh look at that, it's time to go." I say a little too brightly for my own liking but I really don't care, I need out of here.

I can feel Angel's questioning and confused look burning a hole in my head. I really don't know what's up with me lately.

The whole ride to school I knew that Angel was worrying about me, she didn't say a word, but I felt it. Our senses seem to be more heightened lately and that fact that we're twins only makes it that little bit easier to pick up on emotions and feelings, nevermind the fact that we're twins with a supernatural genepool added just to top that off.

As we pull into the school parking lot, Angel speaks, well, half whispers "Skylar?"

"Yeah?" I glance at her, she hesitates as she looks around the car and stops completely when her eyes land on Lyca and Harley in the front."Angel?"

"I'll talk to you later" she half whispers again as we get out of the car. Hmmm what an odd girl my sister is.

......................................................................................................

Comments?Thoughts? Let Me know :D

XxxX Lauren XxxX