The Stupid Annoyingly Perfect Faced Jackass

Skylar's P.O.V

Angel is acting so weird and she's unusually quiet.

Of course I speak too soon because as soon as we're out of the car she instantly brightens up at the sight of her cute boyfriend, Jayden Cooper, walking towards us and immediately goes back to acting normal.

He walks straight up to her with a huge smile on his face and plants a gentle kiss in her lips. "Hey baby." he says sweetly still smiling at her.

"Hey Jay." she smiles back up at him. They're so cute together.

"Hey guys." he says still smiling when he somehow manages to draw his eyes away from Angel.

"Hey Jayden." we all chorus back to him as we begin to walk towards the school.

Angel and Jayden are one of those couples that shocked everyone when they started dating, purely because he's a sporty jock type and Angel (while being extremely good looking like the rest of us) is a quiet intellectual type. Well, when I say "quiet" I mean she doesn't go looking for trouble but won't back down from confrontation either. They started off as partners for an English assignment and it somehow developed into a relationship. As long as she's happy, I'm happy.

As we walk through the doors we are greeted by several "Hi's" and "Hey's" from lots of different students, even the ones that think we're weird. Well most students think that and I think it's because we're all super smart and good-looking and normally those thing don't go, so I guess it could be that, but I'm guessing it's because of our eyes, the whole extra colour around the pupil thing tends to freak people out, especially as Angel and I's colour is more defined than our siblings'.

When I'm about 2ft. from my locker and I've separated from everyone, I hear a voice that makes me want to punch the person it belongs to. A stupid husky, velvety voice.

"Hey Arterra!" the words echo down the hall and I know they're directed at me. I'm the only person in our circle of siblings who gets called by our surname and it's only by one person because he knows it annoys the hell out of me, so I ignore him and face my locker as I reach it, but he doesn't stop."Arterra." the words are so close to my ear that I jump a little.

I pivot around to face him, glaring at that annoyingly perfect face of his."What the hell you big dummy!" I hit him on the chest. What? Don't judge, he scared me."What do you want Leyland?"

"Ooh aren't we in a good mood this morning." he says smugly

"Bite me." I shoot back at him, momentarily wiping that stupid look off his face, but it returns as quickly as it disappears.

"Okay then baby, tell me where." he says still looking smug while lifting his eyebrows once, leaning towards me as if he's serious.

I push him back, lightly (unfortunately) not wanting to deck him on his ass infront of the entire school although, I would if I thought it wouldn't attract attention.

"you're acting like more of a dog," I smile at my choice of words."than usual. Now what do you want Leyland?"

He holds his hands up in mock surrender "Okay don't kill me,"he laughs and I roll my eyes "okay fine, I came to tell you, that we've been made lab partners for our chemistry assignment."

"What!?" Just my freaking' luck! No. No way. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon!."Are you serious!?"

"Yep." he says suddenly more smug than a moment ago."Which means," he says putting his arm around my shoulder."that we'll be spending alot of time together this year baby." why did that make me shiver?

"Yeah? Well hopefully not as much as you're makin' out big boy." I say shrugging his arm off of my shoulder.

"Whatever Arterra, you know you'd love to spend time with me," he looks even more smug when he says this, if it's even possible for him to be."You sure used to anyway."

I ignore his reference to our "past" and respond by saying "Whatever helps you sleep at night Leyland. Will you just leave me alone now?" I say turning my back on him to face my locker again.

"Fine." he leans close to my ear, placing his hands on either side of my waist and I freeze at his touch."Bye Skylar." he purrs. I shiver and he chuckles before releasing his hold and walking away. What the hell was that!? He called me Skylar and his words give me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. What a weird, stupid, annoyingly perfect faced Jackass!

................................................................................

So what are you're thoughts ? Any questions? Comments. Hope you liked it :D

XxxX Lauren XxxX