Leviathons and the Principle's Office

Skylar's P.O.V

Holy Crap! Her eyes shouldn't be black. This is bad. I've only ever heard about a shifters eyes turning black if they're in hunting mode and that's only when they're in wolf form. Not to mention they need to actually be able to shift!

Well, there is one other way i've heard of, but even then it's not possible.

The only other time I've heard of this is when a shifter has chosen the life of a Leviathon. The Leviathons were a pack of the most evil people ever to walk this earth, all shifters of course and they were ruled by possibly the most evil man(if you could even call him that)to walk the earth, Shax. There wasn't a shifter alive who didn't fear them.

A shifter was either born into their pack or they joined by their own free will, but (although it was very rare when it happened) there would be the odd occasion when a shifter would've been invited to join because they had a special ability that Shax believed he could utilise for his own purpose. He was a cruel, ruthless man. He'd use shifters to carry out his dirty work then, when they had fulfilled their duties, he'd get rid of them without a second thought, ready to move on to his next hapless victim willing to do anything for him because they believed it would keep them safe. Oh how wrong they were.

Shax never made gaining entry to the pack easy though. He'd make anyone willing to join complete a series of "initiation tests" then and only then, when they had completed their "initiation" successfully in his eyes, would he consider allowing them to join. If he thought they had, he'd make them prove their worth to him by committing the most frowned upon crime within ANY shifter community. They had to murder another shifter in cold blood, while Shax stood on the sidelines, watching to make sure they did it.

The shifter's eye would then turn black when this happened because The Shifter Gods believed that if a shifter could commit such a crime, they are an abomination, so as punishment said shifters eyes would become black, this was the Gods' way of alerting other shifters of the crime that the shifter committed, exiling them from the pack therefore making them fair game to whatever fate awaited them.

I know Angel and even though every sign points to it, she's not a Leviathon and she's definitely never murdered anyone. I know this because firstly she's not a shifter and she's not a homicidal maniac and secondly about 10 or so years ago there was an uprising. The smaller packs were tired of Shax and the Leviathons pushing everyone around, so they banded together and created a pack called the Nomads (which included my mom and dad and Leyland's parents too.) They attacked the Leviathons, this left Shax unprotected as his pack were trying to fight off the Nomads. Mine and Leyland's parents, along with a few others, seen this as an opportunity to attack. They left him for dead and the surviving members of his pack fled, their loyalty to Shax clearly not as strong as he thought. So there are no Leviathons anymore.

Unfortunately this leaves our question as to why her eyes turned black, wide open. It's possible that it was a trick of the mind, a shifter or a person with the genes mind can be altered a little when they become involved in anything physically defensive. Yeah that's it, our minds were playing tricks... Pfft even I don't believe that, and I'm the one who said it! The truth is there's no explanation for it, she's just defying all possible reason because she's not a shifter, but its all good.

As I've said before, my family are the freaks of freaks.

My internal reasoning is interrupted by a rather husky male voice...that's mid rant.

"...so all of you better get into my office, right now!." Mr Chapman, our principle, then storms away in the direction of his office as we all stand there dumbfounded, however, before he enters the room, he turns swiftly on his heel to face us and roars "And put Angel down right now Leyland!" then proceeds to storm right in to his office, as Leyland almost drops Angel because of how much Mr Chapman startled him. Haha, big dummy.