Alpha Aiden "Not a bad guy"

"I've been trying to be a hero for months! Is it not enough to make up for all the bad stuff I did?" Aiden raised his voice and he threw your packed bags on the floor. "You've been loving me for all this time and now someone tells you I'm a bad guy and you simply grab your stuff and plan on leaving me?"

You took a deep breath and bent your head. You didn't know what to believe anymore. At some moments you thought that Aiden was the most amazing and most wonderful person in the world. At other times you heard stories about him that made you literally sick.

"You can't simply leave without saying something!" Aiden stared at you and you stared back at him. He looked so broken, so hurt, so desperate in a way. He looked nothing like the boy your friends had tried to describe when you had told them who you were dating.

Eventually you fell down on the bed. Tears were rolling down your cheeks and you buried your face in the palm of your hands. "I don't know what to believe anymore, Aiden." You sighed a few times. "You saying you love me over and over again. Even that often that it sometimes makes me feel a little overwhelmed." You swallowed. "Or the pack telling me that you were the one forcing Derek to kill his very own beta."

Aiden curled his fingers around your wrists and he pulled your hands away. He didn't say anything about your red and swollen eyes. But he didn't try to wipe away your tears either. "I had not choice..." He spoke softly. "I didn't want to kill Boyd, but I literally had no choice."

You held your breath and tried to look into his eyes. You didn't manage. You didn't manage to look into the eyes of a monster. You didn't manage to look at the face of a werewolf with blood on his claws. "I'm in love with a monster. How can I ever look at my own reflection again?"

"You're acting like loving me is a crime!" Aiden raised his voice again, but he kneeled down in front of you, his hands still holding yours. "You're acting like by loving me you've been the one who committed the murder." He paused for a short moment. "There is only one person in this room who has to learn how to live with all the bad things he has done. I assure you it's not you."

"You killed one of my friends, Aiden!" You twirled your wrists around and freed yourself from his embrace. "We're not talking about an annoying wasp that flew into our house. We're talking about an innocent human being who didn't want anything else for this world than for it to become a better place."

Aiden shook his head. "You have no idea what Deucalion meant to me and my brother, do you?" He bent his head and his fingers were rubbing your knuckles. "You have no idea how shitty our life was before he found us, do you?" He looked up at you again and his grip tightened. "You have no idea how much we owed him, do you?"

You closed your eyes for a moment and when you opened them again you licked your lips and shook your head. "You have never told me anything about your life and what it looked like before I met you." You sighed and saw the tears burning in his eyes. "Fine, if you tell me everything and manage to explain why I should forgive you for killing Boyd, you'll get another chance."

"I promise I won't waste it." Aiden stood up and he sat down on the bed next to you. "It all started when my brother and I were still very young. It all started the day a hunter took down our parents."