Part 10: 'The painful pleasure of waiting'

He had finished saying all that he wanted to say & also got down. But, She was standing still for next two seconds or so.

She got down at her college stopping.
Everyday he does or says something to her, that makes her keep on thinking about it the whole day or night.

Today, it was even more special. The things he said to her, the way he said everything, his approach of asking permission to contact her.. everything got a new respect for him in her.

But, the words that he said to her, 'I won't stay here for too long'  were itching her mind & heart in particular throughout the day.

____________________

In the evening, she was desperate to speak to him.. see him. But, he didn't come.

Arya had decided that, he won't go & see her or speak to her, unless she calls him to his number.

He waited the whole evening, for her call or at least a text message.

It was night.. he was still staring at the phone hoping for a message from her.
Few minutes later, he fell asleep, with the phone in his hand himself.

____________________

The next morning, immediately after getting up, he checked for any missed calls or messages. But, nothing was there.

So, he thought, she doesn't want this to continue. She doesn't want to exchange numbers, take this forward. That's why, she even didn't say anything in the bus.
So he thought,  he should not disturb her anymore. He won't go in front of her, see her, speak to her...

But, he wanted to just go & see her one last time & say few things to her.

So he got up, got ready.. & went to the bus stop.

Shraddha was waiting for the bus.

Shraddha saw Arya coming.

Arya went & stood in front of Shraddha and said..

"It's ok, if you don't wish to take this forward. I won't blame you or scold you for anything.. after all, it is your choice. I really had great time here. I.."

Shraddha cut him in between calling, "Aryaa.."

Arya paused.

Shraddha: "I missed the paper you gave me yesterday. I waited the whole night, looking at my mobile, that you would take my number & text me.. call me.. But, you didn't."

This thing, that Shraddha said blow him like a Tsunami of happiness. He went mad inside, on hearing that she was also waiting for his call,  the same way he did.

He wasn't able to even express anything.

He paused a bit, controlled the overflowing smile on his face & said.. 'Wait, I'll give you my number'

Shraddha: "No.."

Arya: ???!?!?? (confused)

S: "I don't need your number.. you have my number right?? You call me by yourself, today evening. The bus has come.. I'm going now. Bye.." and gets onto the bus.

Arya didn't know what to do.. he didn't understand how to express the ultimate joy he experienced that time. He wanted to get on a car standing along the roadside. He controlled everything & went to his brother's shop.

He sat on a table opposite to a wall clock, watching it & waiting for it to turn 4:00.

The clock was moving in slow motion for him.

He desperately wanted a time machine, to just jump on to 4:00 pm.

But, he had no other choice left, than to wait till 4:00.

He waited.. waited.. & waited.

____________________