Chapter 18: Lucas' POV

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas’ POV

When Callie came back into the room I noticed something was off about her. I couldn’t describe it or why I felt the need to comfort her, hell I was angry at me self for wanting to comfort her, but I pushed that aside as I saw the forlorn look on her face.  Her eyebrows were drawn down and bunched together as she walked over to the punching bag and pushed it into place.

“Um, why don’t we just get back to the combinations” she said softly, I wouldn’t have heard it if I hadn’t been paying such close attention to her. Something was definitely off with her and it had Micah written all over it. 

The urge to ask her what happened was nipping at me like a blue healer trying to heard in cattle but I pushed it away. Just her body language indicated that she didn’t want to talk about it and that she was trying to forget what had happened, plus it wasn’t my place to ask – it wasn’t even my place to care about her and yet I still felt the need to ask if she was alright.

I frowned as I looked over her shoulder to where the door that she had just came through was. For years I had hated Micah, my spite for him grew after our match – that I lost – but now I really wanted to pound his face in. 

The only reason I was even here was for my plan, to make Callie fall for me so I could take her away from Micah and ruin his career. Make him see that he wasn’t as great as he thought he was, or invincible. That even he can loose something so close to him because he wasn’t the great Micah Santo everyone thought he was. 

The only milestone I had to concur was Callie and that was going to tale some work. She wasn’t like other girls that was for sure. I could tell she could see through my crap so I was going to have to work exceptionally hard, but after I got her the rest of my plan would fall into place and Micah would suffer.

Sighing heavily, I felt a prickling in the back of my mind that my plan wasn’t going exactly the way I thought it would, but I ignored it and pulled my gloves on.

“You alright?” I asked her. I clenched my jaw and I felt a tugging in my stomach and waited for her response.

Why did I ask her that? Since when did I actually care?

Callie nodded, not voice how she was really feeling or what she looked so worried about and for some reason it bothered me. Pushing away my stupid thoughts I rolled me shoulders working out all the kinks of restraint in my neck that I felt from our training session, when she signalled for me to start.

Watching her closely I noticed her brow furrow further, whatever had happened was really eating her up and by the way she unconsciously bit her lip I could tell her was trying to stop letting her problems get to her. That inkling feeling to help her and try and get her to talk to me froze. I shook the thought out and sighed, bringing my hands up to protect my face. Shifting my feet I got into fighting position and started working on the combinations.

The whole time I trained, I couldn’t help but watch her from the corner of my eye. She was out of it, but It was worse than before, her thoughts were really taking over. She had zoned out that badly that he hands barely grasped the punching bag. It swung past her grip as I hit the bag and I forced myself to stop so that the bag wouldn’t hit her. 

“Callie?” I asked.

She jumped when she heard me voice and looked up to find me only a few inches. Hell iI hadn’t even noticed that I had moved so close to her, but it was obvious that she was so consumed by her thoughts that she hadn’t realised I had stopped practising my combinations and was watching her.