Chapter 1

Hey! First chapter from my first story ever!! :D I'm very excited! Please VOTE & COMMENT! :)

I'VE MISSED YOU

• CHAPTER 1 •

I guess I should begin by introducing myself. My name is Noah Matthews, I am 16 years old and I am in my Sophmore year of High School. I am 5'10", I have brown, straight hair and hazel-greenish eyes. My skin is kind of pale, but I'm not into tanning, so it's fine. I am slightly skinny, but I do have some muscle definition from swimming now and then.

I woke up to the sound of my iphone. I unlocked the screen and saw a text from Chris:

"Hey man, have fun on ur road trip & try no 2 miss me 2 much ;)."

I replied to him saying:

"Well im not the one texting the other at 6am, sooo..."

Chris Knight had been my best friend for almost 4 years now. He is 5'10 as well, has black hair and dark brown eyes and wears glasses. He is 3 months older than me. His older brother Ian, who is 19, has always been an excellent athlete, so Chris works out regularely but just for not being called "the fat brother" as he was called in Elemantary school. Mr. Knight got a promition at work and had to move the family to another town 2 hours away by plane.

And he is actually right, this 2 months since he moved I've been missing him an awful lot; I know he misses me too and we tease each other about it. But the truth is that I feel very lonely without him. Yes, we text daily and stay in contact, but it is definately not the same. I confess that I am scared that he would find a new best friend and forget all about me, so everytime I see a text from him I feel relieved.

He texted me back saying:

"Haha dont get ur hopes up bitch. It was a conversation starter 2 remind u 2 say hi 2 mrs. Lake 4 me ;*"

I answered back to him:

"Well, i bet she wont even remember u, so i will just tell her that the fatass who broke a chair in her class last years says hi"

Mrs. Lake is our history teacher and we adore her. She was one of the few teachers who stood by my side 2 years ago when I was almost held back a grade for missing 2 months and a half of classes. Thanks to her and a couple more teachers' help I was not held back a grade. Plus she is amazing, she is the only teacher that has made history class enjoyable for me, which is quite an accomplishment by the way. She's also very funny and friendly, one of those few teacher that cares for the answer when she asks "How are you?", and don't only ask as a formality.

Last year, Mrs. Lake and I pranked Chris on his birthday by unscrewing the screws on his chair, so when he sat down the chair broke into pieces. It was a tradition with Mrs. Lake to prank students on their birthdays (thankfully my birthday falls on summer break).

Before Chris could answer me I sent him another text:

"Anyways. Gotta go. Txt u back 2night."

I got out of bed and get into my bathroom. I take my boxers off not facing the mirror, not because I am ugly or something like that, actually I think I'm quite good looking and fit, it's just that I don't wanna see my torso in the mirror and remember. I do my best to try to put "the accident", as my parents call it, in the past; but it is not that easy. It has gotten better, but I sometimes get depressed over it, and seeing my torso make it worse. I hop into a warm shower, and remember "the accident".

«Flashback»

"No, please! Stop!" I was begging. They just laughed and another kick landed on my face.