1

*Beep, beep. 6:00 AM*

Ugh. School.

I trudged out of bed and went to my closet. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a plaid shirt. No one was up yet, so I washed up and went downstairs to make some breakfast. After eating, I slipped into my converses and headed out the door.

I walked down the neighborhood to the bus stop. There was only one bus that came to my stop, Bus #2. It was a sunny, bright day….perfect for a date with―

“Na Eun-ah!”

“Oh, Chunji!” I smiled. Yes, Lee Chunji, my best friend since elementary school, and my first love. I started liking him towards the end of middle school, into high school. His winks, smiles, and laughs made me attracted to him. We had always been inseparable. He probably only sees me as his best friend and as a little sister. I looked at his flawless skin and his newly dyed red hair, which may I say looked ridiculously hot on him. I gazed at his twinkling eyes that melted me, and his smooth lips.

“Na Eun? Are you ok? You’ve been staring at me for the past 5 minutes. Am I that handsome?” he smirked.

Crap.

“Uhh…haha no, what are you talking about? I was just staring at that huge booger you have under your nose.”

“Yah! Come back! I checked my face before I came out and I looked like a hot idol!”

Whew. That was close. I mentally slapped myself and got on the bus.  Since it was the morning and everyone was going to either school or to work, the bus was crowded and there were no more seats left. I looked around trying to find a place to stand. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my wrist pulling me to the back of the bus. I looked up and saw Chunji smiling at me. That one smile that makes my heart flutter and my knees weak. More people came on, and I was being pushed. When the bus started again, I lunged forward, landing on Chunji’s chest. My eyes widened, and my face began to turn red. I quickly got off him and looked away.

“You know, you’re gonna keep bumping into me, so why not just stay like this?” he smiled down at me. He gathered me into his arms and hugged me with one arm. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and pressed my head into his chest. I took in the smell of the perfume I got him for his birthday and smiled.

“Na Eun, we’re here,” Chunji whispered in my ear. I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep. How embarrassing.

“Oh, thanks.”

We got off the bus and went into school.

“Oppa, my parents are away today. Wanna come over and hang out?”

“Yeah, sure. Mind if I sleep over?”

“No, I have your stuff from last time, too.”

“I sleep over at your house way too often…”

“Haha yeah, but you know you like it.” I smirked. Chunji has slept over my house so many times, I can’t even keep count. I have slept over his a lot, too. Both our parents trust us.

“Well, I better get going before I get stampeded by your fan girls.” I started to walk away when I saw a huge mob of screaming girls coming our way.

“Na Eun-ah! Wait for me here after school! Study hard!” He sent me a wink and watched me walk away.

I smiled and waved my hand. Lee Chunji, why do you do this to me?

**************

I walked to my locker and got my binders and books. First class was English. I was good at English so I enjoyed the class.