Chapter 6: "Follow" by Crystal Fighters

Aiden couldn't see Liam in the crowd of people. Everyone, servants and lords alike, were here waiting in the throne room for the Royal Spinaeburgs Family to arrive. Aiden was nervous but had no reason to be. He wasn't the one who was supposed to be married to the princess of Spinaeburg. 

The throne room was gardened with dozens of flowers ranging from amaryllis to tulips, but no roses. The castle had been cleaned from top to bottom and every person was in their best clothes. The Spinaeburgs were very powerful because of their undefeatable army. Liam had to win the princess's heart if the kingdom was going to survive. 

Aiden was getting anxious. He knew Liam was with Rowen and wondered what possibly could be taking so long to show a room. Just then, Aiden heard trumpets playing, which meant their arrival. Liam was no where to be seen. 

The Spinaeburgs arrived dressed in the finest gowns and tunics. The king was dressed in a gold, furry clock and a matching gold crown on his head. His wife, the queen, walked next to him wearing brown, silky gown adorned with diamonds as embroidery. And behind them was Princess Alexia Spinaeburg. She was known as the most beautiful princess of the land. Aiden gazed at her in awe. Her hair was golden blonde and she was pink, full lips. Her eyes were a dark blue. Aiden might have mistaken her for an angel if it not for her black gown. The gown flowed from her hips with laced black fabric that hid the gold fabric. The music stopped playing once the Spinaeburgs were in front of the King. 

Aiden's father welcomed them by announcing how happy he was to have them as guests. Once the speech was done, the servants left and the lords were left to talk amongst themselves as the Spinaeburgs and the King talked. Alexia came next to Aiden and asked, "Where's your brother little prince?" Her voice was dark and seductive. 

Aiden gulped, "He should be here any second my lady."

"That's good. I can't wait to see this mysterious Prince Liam." Her smile scared Aiden. How was Liam going to spend the rest of his life with her?

He almost felt pity for his brother. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Liam rushed out  of the hallway. He was confused, mad, and terrified. He had no idea why he lashed out like that. His emotions were running high from their conversation about his mother. Liam was still astonished at himself for opening himself up like that. He hadn't talked about his mother to anyone for 12 years. And when people did mention it, he wouldn't say a word to them, and yet, he told Rowen everything. And he didn't even have to think about it. Liam began rubbing his hair vigorously with his hands. How was he ever going to confront her again? She probably thinks he's a mean bastard. 

As Liam began entering the main part of the castle, he noticed all of the commotion. He panicked. He had completely forgotten the royal visit of Princess Alexia. Liam ran to the throne room terrified of what his father was going to say to him for being late. But when Liam entered the throne room, he saw his father laughing with the King and Queen of Spinaeburg. When his father noticed him, he continued laughing as he spoke, "Ah! There's my other son! Did you lose track of time while training?"

A lie. His father didn't want the Spinaeburgs to know about Rowen. "Yes father, I apologize. I lost track of time again." Liam bowed to the King and Queen but refused to look at the princess. 

The King of Spinzeburg spoke, "All is forgiven my boy! Besides, long training sessions is how great generals are born!" 

Liam nervously laughed. "Of course."

The King of Spinaeburg spoke again, "Well, I think we should leave the future lovebirds alone?" The King gestured for everyone to leave and they did. Aiden resistantly left as well and glared at Liam before leaving. 

Then it was just Liam and Princess Alexia in the room together, alone. They both didn't speak for what seemed like eternity. Then Liam finally had the courage to look up at his future bride's face. He couldn't deny that she was very beautiful, perhaps one of the most beautiful girls he'd ever seen, but there was something about her that didn't sit right with him. "Hello, Princess."

The Princess perked her lips and spoke, "I see you missed our arrival."

Liam shifted, "Yes, I apologize. I was tr-"

Alexia cut in off and spoke, "I'd like to see you train, dear Prince Liam. Would that be alright?" She moved closer to him. 

Liam became very uncomfortable. "I suppose but I must warn you, training can get very boring to watch."

She smiled a cheeky grin, "Don't worry about that Prince Liam, I don't think I could ever get bored of that face." She pointed her finger and gently touched his cheek. Liam moved his face away. The Princess laughed. "Awe, is the little prince shy? Don't worry, I like a good chase." She winked at him before curtsying and leaving the throne room. 

Liam could still feel the linger of her finger on his face. It felt cold.