xii.

four hours later...

the group was dispersed, none with each other. sam sat in the calmed side of the kitchen, drinking mildly as he chatted with a beautiful blonde who was a grade above him. charlie was on the second floor in some room, making out with this girl drunkenly while giggling about getting laid. kevin had found benny, a fellow friend, and decided to wait out the night's events with him. and castiel was lock up in the basement, laughing and joking with a group of people you'd never expect him to hang with.

"you're not all that bad clarence," meg- a bleached blonde whom he saw frequently- stated, passing the bong to an all too high cas.

he chuckled, winking flirtatiously before all too expertly taking a hit. he blew the remaining smoke out of his nose, making everyone giggle and nudge each other as he did so. castiel was feeling the joy of an old habit; castiel was loving the reminder of what he gave up.

ruby, a smart mouthed brunette that could talk you into anything, took the bong next. " oh, i've missed this," cas admitted, smiling hazily as his eyes refocused on the basement stairs for no apparent reason.

"we missed you too," ash, the most intelligent stoner you'll ever meet, joked.

"is this gonna be a frequent thing like last year, bee?" zoura, an old close friend of cas's, asked.

rather reply, he just shrugged his shoulders, taking a sip of some fancy drink before grumbling, "we need something stronger."

"stronger than this?"

he nodded. zoura looked warily at castiel, obviously nervous for her beloved friend when it came to getting into old routines.

"let's go kick it up a notch!" cas proclaimed, smirking mischievously at the group with foggy blue eyes. all it took was the sickening smirk to know castiel jimmy novak had, once again, fallen off the deep end.