xxii.

cas clicked the red, end call button, never once tearing his eyes away from where dean stood. even in the rain he looked so beautiful, yet so deeply and emotionally broken. because of me.

"hey stranger," he greeted sheepishly, stuffing his phone back in his pocket quickly to avoid water damaging the device. the corner of his mouth quirked up into a smirk, but not one of arrogance-  it was one of those smirks that someone will do when they say something in hopes of brightening someone's day.

it almost worked; however, castiel remembered the drugs and the hole he had once again dived head first into with his own free will. therefore, the smile that was once tiptoeing onto his face disappeared without a trace.

sighing upon the sight, dean walked forward, sitting beside cas on the soaked bench silently as the water drenched them.

after a moment, dean spoke, "i do care cas... i always have. from the moment sammy brought you home and explained you were in theater. from the moment i began noticing you in anatomy. from the moment i started noticing the way your eyes light up while discussing math, the way your mouth curves and dips when your angry, how- well, you get the point..."

cas tinted pink as dean rambled on, flustered and getting carried away by what he was saying. "it's okay dean..."

once again, the green eyed boy sighed, gently leaning over and wrapping an arm around castiel, pulling him close under the downpour.

"no it's not. you're not okay, cas. and that's alright. we can fix you. we can fix this."