xxxiv.

dean pulled up to the park; as in, the park that he and cas shared a moment in. turning off the engine, he got out of his baby, not saying a word to castiel who was extremely confused. he waltzed to the other side, opening the passenger door and giving his friend a hand.

     "i told you i can do this myself," mumbled the blue eyed one, shrugging the other off even though he was clearly too weak to support himself.

     the winchester chuckled, putting his hands up in defense, "alright, sorry. you do you, tiger," he teased.

     castiel rolled his eyes playfully, waddling to the front of the impala and taking a much needed seat on the hood.

     "hey, careful! that's my baby you're sitting on!"

     "oh hush winchester."

     dean smiled crookedly, following in suit and sitting next to his friend. they sat in silence for a moment, looking over the bright park. the kids playing on the play set and in the sandbox, the parents socializing and watching lovingly. it was all so serene. all so tranquil.

     cas looked beside him, observing the freckle faced beaut in front of him before asking, "so why are we here, dean? i mean, it's nice. but, why?"

     dean sighed, looking down at his fumbling hands anxiously. whenever he talked he'd stutter, something he only did when he was either too angry to comprehend or too nervous to think.

    "well, heh, you see, i uhm, i have something to share- no to tell you, and i just, i figured you needed to know-"

     cas laughed, placing a hand on his shoulder and saying, "just spit it out."

     dean still couldn't talk, but with cas's affectionate touch and the sudden adrenaline rush, he couldn't help himself. he grabbed his friend's face firmly with both hands and mumble, "can i kiss you?" (because consent is key).

     castiel's blue eyes went wide, staring into the other's firing green ones. shocked and taken off guard, he couldn't talk either, so he just nodded softly.

     the two's lips connected, feelings burning through. one's they've held back through months of recovery and building. it lasted seconds, but felt like eternities.

     "dean, i.."

     the other's face dropped, fearing what was to come.

     cas still had no words, so instead, he leaned in and kissed dean once again, softly. "i.. i'm guessing this means you have feelings for me. and if that's the case, they're returned."

     after moments, the nervous teens smiled at each other, dean sighing in relief and laying across the hood of his car. castiel mimicked his actions and they stared into the fading sky, eventually allowing their hands to naturally find each other.

     "i've been through hell cas. and you've been through it too. but..."

     "we were each other's escape."

     "i'm not saying i love you. hell, i'm too scared to... but i like you. a lot."

     "and i like you dean."

     neither said anything after that. they just sat there in bliss. in utter, and complete bliss.

a / n :

this book is sort of just all over the place??
should i continue?
but, if y'all would check my board, i posted a message.
thank you for the endless support.
thank you for everything.
stay strong. we can do it.
i love you all.
spn family, yanno?
always,

cas.