Chapter 3: Join the Club

Roni and I were currently in The Order Facility getting our wounds treated in the infirmary. We kept our mouths shut the whole time while we were getting treated. The only sounds that came out the whole time were either grunts or whimpering in pain. After getting ambushed by demons that was something that we were not prepare for. When the Doctors (or Nurse) were finished treating us, we were escorted to Vergil's office.

As we came in the room, the first thing we saw was Vergil some paperwork while Kat was on the computer. The only person who was not in the scene was Dante. Kat welcomed us while Vergil looked at us with concern in his eyes.

"Ah," He lead forward against his desk looking at us closely, "You two looks so much better." At least he was making sure that we were okay. I should probably thank him later after we are done with this. Roni was thankful too even though he was just being nice to us, but she knows his true nature from playing DMC games and knowing their background. I would say that she is an expert on the DMC.

"If it wasn't for you and your team, we'd be dead," She told him. That true if they did not come along we would have been dead for sure when we came here. Plus, we were not prepared to fight demon like creature from the burning pits of hell.

"It's not a problem, but my main concern is why the demons were chasing you two. They would never attack anyone unless they are command to do so," he question us. That was difficult to answer, but at the same it was easy. I tried to remember back where were landed, our sightseeing, and then the bold white letters that appeared in front of us. Seeing the demons looking at us with blood lust in their eyes craving for fresh meat.

"They probably wanted a snack," I suggested while Vergil looked at me, more likely he was staring at me. Not that I was getting unconformable, I was just answering his question that was given. He smirks at me, "I agree."

That is when I remember the town that we came when the area turning into a decaying place as the white bold letter saying: KILL THOSE WHORES! I was still in thought with the white bold letters. Until the sound of Vergil's voice broke through my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what did you say??" Roni asked him. She was in also in thought too. I kind of figure because this situation that we are in.

"I asked if you were alright," He replied. She looked back at me then at him. He did ask us in the beginning, wait no, he told us that we looked better than before. The stupid Demon Apocalypse chase.

"Yeah but there's been something on my mind since the attack," She confessed while Kat turned around and faced us. Vergil was concerned about Kat's sudden actions.

"What is it?" Vergil asked his associate while he glance at her. I bet she knew the answer to the situation, even though she found us on the balcony of the abandon building. I wonder how she found us in the first place.

"A few minutes before the attack," Kat started to explain then looked at her monitor while she pulled out a video, "The town suddenly turned into a decaying one, people were mere shadows that were passing through us, and Bold White Letter that said 'KILL THOSE WHORES.'" After she explained her presentation to us. Vergil was absorbing the material that Kat just said while Dante was looking a little bit bored, but at the same time amused. Probably because the sign I think, but I cannot be too sure about it. Kat came walking toward us when she stopped in front of us as like she was sensing our auras.

"So you were the one that I felt trapped in limbo," Kat exams us closer when she is gives us an odd look to us. I understand that she is trying to find some answers just by looking at us but she is getting in my personal space. My own personal bubble.

"You felt us?" I asked out of curiously. Even though I still wondering how she found us when we almost got eaten by Demons.

"Yes, I am a psychic and I can sense spirits from all beings. I also traveled to limbo myself."

"But why us though?" I still asked the question. I need some answers about why we are here and what are we supposed to do in this world. After I asked, Vergil got up from his desk as he approach to me, "The reason is unknown for now. But maybe it has to do with defeating Mundus. He usually sends out orders to kill pose a threat to him." He looked at as me with concern like he cares after that Roni spoked up.

"I don't even see how we're threats. We can't even fight demons. How the hell do we pose a threat to someone?" Roni asked while she was scratching her head unsure. She is right about the situation that we are in. I cannot fight with anyone. I am too much of a chicken to beat up someone or worse kill.

"He is one of the evilest being in the demon world. He is the prince of hell. He plans on taking over the world and enslaving humanity. We are a resistance group called 'The Order,'" Vergil replies as he looked at us. He was hiding something that he did not want to share with his comrades, but most of all he was a mystery to me. A mystery that needs to solved.

"That's not good. If he does that then humanity will probably become extinct and he could bring on earth," Roni declare. My eyes widen when she said the word EXTINCT. We are human being from the flesh and we were going die alongside our race if this every happen to us. I grip on to my pant thinking that the human race will go EXTINCT all because the Prince Demon. Mundus has to be stop.

"Yup," Kat agreed with her, "That is exactly what we don't want. Since you two are here, will you join us in our rebellion against Mundus?" She glanced at Vergil as she eyes averted back to us waiting for us to response. I did not want the human race to be Extinct because of a blind Demon Prince who care about power and control of the human race. That is just wrong.

"Yeah, sure," We both agreed in unison as I looked up at the ceiling wondering what the future is going to be like for the both of us being in this world. Then I sit up straight looking at my friend while she looked at me. All I can do is get this crazy thought out of my mind, so I poke her cheek and smile.

Vergil ponder the thought for a moment until he agrees with Kat. He only has one condition if we tag along. It was to work with Dante on learning how to defend ourselves from the demons if they are not there to help us. We gladly agreed then we were escorted to our rooms for the night.

I probably not going to have enough sleep tonight after this.