Chapter 2

Yamaguchi looks into his friend's golden irises, finally processing what's happening and the question. He smiles and wipes his eyes with the back of his hands.

"Just he/him, please..." He sobs. His once sad tears begin to pour out of him happily. He hugs Tsukki and Tsukki widens his eyes.

"Jeez don't get your tears and snot on me, dude!" Tsukki exclaims. Yamaguchi pulls away and smiles brightly.

Tsukki's cheeks become tinted in pink seeing his best friend so happy. He sighs.

"OK... Do you want anyone else to know?"

"I do want to tell the team... But could you so I don't mess up? You're better at explaining and speaking." Yamaguchi confesses.

"Of course. Monday?"

"Mmhmm."

~~~~

The next morning is Sunday and Yamaguchi showers and gets ready to go out to the mall, looking for fashion magazines, clothes, and hair accessories.

He wears a white coat over a pale purple shirt, a faded blue scarf from his mom, a red velvet skirt, black leggings and brown boots. It's colder today.

"I'm going out, Mom

"I'm going out, Mom. Bye!!!!" he says before hurrying out the door.

The teen holds onto his bag closely as he walks down the street. This is the first time he's gone out like this.

"You should wear whatever you want. It's not like you have a horrible fashion sense or something." Tsukki tells him.

"I should be able to! I'll... I'll go for it. Tomorrow while I'm out, I'll go around in a really cute outfit," he replies confidently. Knowing Tsukki supports him really gives him confidence.

See... You're fine... I bet no one even suspects a thing...

Just stay away from people you know for now

Yamaguchi first goes into the mall that's not a far walk. He hurries into a store he likes the clothing from. The confidence Tsukki gave him last night still lingers within him. He WILL buy whatever he's been afraid to before. He WILL be who he is like Tsukki said to. He can't hide.

Finding a maroon cardigan, a black pencil skirt, a grey sweater dress and several hair accessories, he purchases them and goes to find magazines.

"Isn't that Yamaguchi?"

"Is he wearing a fucking skirt?"

"What a freak."

"Faggot."

Yamaguchi recognizes the group of boys from school and turns away.

Maybe he'll get magazines later. He doesn't want them looking at him too long to recognize him. He moves out of the mall and sighs in relief once he's out.

"They might have been looking because they liked my outfit..."

~~~~

Yamaguchi and Tsukki walk to practice together. Yamaguchi stops suddenly.

"I totally forgot my water bottle in my locker. I'll go get it. You uh... You tell everyone. OK?" Yamaguchi asks, backing away.

"OK. See ya in a few," Tsukki replies, walking off and pulling his headphones over his head.

Yamaguchi jogs back to the lockers. After unlocking it, he sees his bottle and grabs it, locking his locker once again.

He walks back, finger brushing his hair.

"Hey, look guys, it's Yamaguchi. Our local drag queen."

Yamaguchi turns to see a group of boys.

They were at the mall...

"What, not working today?" One says with a shitty grin. Yamaguchi holds his practice bag and bottle close.

"W-what? I don't have a job," he says. They laugh.

"...So that's why he was buying a skirt. The only difference now is he'll wear more dresses and skirts and things like that." Tsukki finishes. The team nods.

"That's pretty cool! I didn't know that was a thing," Hinata confesses. "I should wear a skirt to show my support!"

"Say, where is he?" Suga asks.

"We saw you playing princess yesterday. You're fucking weird, ya know that?" Another says, pushing him away.

"Careful, you might get infected!"

Yamaguchi tears up.

"Please, leave me alone..." he says meekly. They laugh.

"He was just getting his water bottle for practice. He should be here," Tsukki says, touching his chin as he's puzzled.

"Maybe he's going to the bathroom?" Tanaka suggests. Tsukki looks out the window.

"But he went before we left..." Tsukki says, worried now. "I'll call him."

He goes to his bag and shuffles things around to find his phone.

"You're famous now! No chance, buddy."

"Attention whore."

"You should go get yourself checked out. You might be contagious."

They keep throwing insults and pushing him back. Eventually, it's enough.

He runs through the group and towards the entrance of the school, tears running down his face.

He sees his phone go off.

It's a photo of Tsukki and him.

Tsukki was never too fond of the photo because he wasn't looking at the camera, but he never asked Yamaguchi to change it

Tsukki was never too fond of the photo because he wasn't looking at the camera, but he never asked Yamaguchi to change it. I guess he liked it enough.

Yamaguchi picks it up.

"Hey, where are you?"

"Something came up. Talk to you later," Yamaguchi says, holding back his sobs.

He hangs up.

Then proceeds towards his house. There were about 6 boys in that group. He couldn't have fight them off alone... But he couldn't have faced the team right after.

I'll just endure it. I can't make the team worry about me...

The teen walks passed a bridal shop. He stops and looks up at the dresses displayed through the glass.

He wipes his tears and sighs.

"I actually felt pretty..."