Chapter 7

The next few weeks continue on like normal, though there's the daily drop of horrible names being thrown into the freckled teen's face,

It doesn't seem to get worse, just names.

There's an uneasy feeling in the boy's stomach as he goes into the bathroom before study hall.

I don't particularly like the boy's bathroom because it's gross, but it'll have to do if I don't want to be picked on...

The teen does his business and washes his hands. A group of boys walk in; actually, it's the bullies.

"Well, well, well...if it isn't the tranny..." one begins. Yamaguchi holds his binder close to defend himself. He looks down.

"Look, can we not do this?" He says quietly. The guys laugh.

"Haha...you're begging for mercy...like a pussy. We haven't seen you in awhile," another cackles. There's three and they move around him. He backs towards the bathroom stall.

"I don't want trouble. I just need to get to class," Yamaguchi retorts. He spots another guy walking in.

"Back off, this is business," one says to the random teen. The boy runs off.

He just left?! He didn't even bother to help!

I can't defend myself. What should I do?!

He looks back, seeing the empty stall. He runs inside, locking it.

"Hey! Come out! Freaks like you need to be taught a lesson! You're scum that needs to be removed!" One yells through the door. They push and kick the door. Yamaguchi shakes in panic and looks down.

The opening between stalls...

He drops his binder and slides under in panic. Horrible words and names are being shot at him through the stall doors. He grabs his binder and makes a break for it.

A book is thrown at his head and he hits the wall before he's able to escape.

"Ow..." he groans as he gets up.

"Nice try, asshole," one says before picking him up by the collar and shoving him into an empty stall. He pushes him towards the toilet, proceeding to shove his head into it. Yamaguchi fights on; he pushes, kicks, wiggles, and bites. Eventually, he's freed and breaks for it.

Not before one of the guys on the other side of the stall door slams the door back into Yamaguchi's face, causing his nose to bleed. His eyes burn with tears and he shoves his entire body into the door. This pushes everyone out of the way.

He runs out and makes his way across the schoolyard and to the other bathrooms. He pants and sits on the floor in the stall, crying.

"What's wrong with me...? Why...why am I like this...?" He says to himself between sobs and shoving toilet paper to his bleeding nose.

Why was I born this way?

Do I deserve this? Is this because something's wrong with me?

I just want this to stop...

He takes off the black coat of his uniform and hugs it. He looks to his phone; Tsukki texted him.

T: hey, where are you?

T: are we not studying for chem?

I want to tell you everything...

I know I can rely on you, but I'd be a burden

Maybe I should just hide myself

That way, you and the team won't be affected

I bet people say you're weird for being around me...

I don't want that for you

"Just take it in...it'll be fine as long as they don't know..." he mumbles into his coat.

Y: lol I got a bloody nose

Y: be there soon

~~~~

Yamaguchi looks at the bruise that's been forming more and more over the last few days. The bruise covers his upper right side; it's deep purple and yellowing on the edges.

"At least it's healing..." Yamaguchi tells himself. "That's a good sign..."

He undresses and takes his shower, standing and letting the hot water fall over his face and body. It's a wonderful feeling on the bruise and sore nose.

Flashbacks suddenly occur and Yamaguchi slicks his hair back and looks up at the shower-head. He bites his tongue as an immense pain falls over him and butterflies fly around in his stomach and chest. It's a sick feeling you get when you're anxious...and it's hard to breathe. He washes his hair to try and forget.

"Hey, how've you been?"

"I've been good, Tsukki...why do you ask?"

"You've been sitting weird in class. Did you hurt yourself?"

"My...back's been a little sore from the stretches. I've been pushing myself in practice"

"Oh, yeah, I can tell. Biofeeze helps."

"Haha, yeah...I'll pick some up on my way home."

"Ok, see ya."

"Ow! I got soap in my eyes!" Yamaguchi yells. He flushes the soap out with water and finishes up quickly, getting out.

He puts on a shirt with TACO on the front and some sweatpants. He lays back on his bed. It's 8 and there's school tomorrow.

I should tell Tsukki...he can help...but is that really what's the right decision?

The teen turns into his side and hugs his blanket, drifting off to sleep.

"Hey, we have your back... ok?"