Chapter 1

WHEN GOD MADE YOU

Chapter 1

Monday morning on our way to one of our daughter's house with my husband on the driver seat, he turns the radio on. He looks at me with love, placed the sweetest kind of smile that makes my heart melt and makes my stomach feels the butterfly inside even up to this day. As we heard the first tune of this song, “When God Made You”. I also look at him in the eye, smiled and whispered ~ “I love you”. Then I closed my eyes, listening to every word from this song and remember how this song makes sense to us now.  And brought me back 24 years ago…

♫♫It’s always been a mystery to me,
How two hearts can come together,
And love can last forever.
But now that I have found you I believe,
That a miracle has come when God sends the perfect one.
So gone are all my questions about why,
And I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life

Oh I wonder what God was thinking, when he created you.
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because he made all my dreams come true.
When God made you, He must have been thinking about me.

I promise that wherever you may go, wherever life may lead you,
With all my heart I'll be there too.
And from this moment on I want you to know,
I'll let nothing come between us, and I will love the ones you love.
So gone are all my questions about why

Oh I wonder what God was thinking when he created you,
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because He made all my dreams come true.
When God made you He must've been thinking about me.

He made the sun He made the moon,
To harmonize a perfect tune,
One can't do without the other they just have to be together.
And that is how I know it's true,
Your for me and I’m for you and my world
Just can't be right without you in my life

Oh I wonder what God was thinking, when he created you.
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because he made all my dreams come true.
When God made you, He must have been thinking about me.

He must have heard every prayer I've been praying. He must've knew everything I would need

When God made you, He must've been thinking about me.♫♫

This song plays in the jeepney I am riding, in this early Monday morning. One passenger sings along with the song. I look at her, I was amuse maybe not just me but the couple of people riding with us, because she’s singing like she doesn’t care what we are thinking about her. She just sings with her heart’s content, she has amazing voice though. I just observe her and it’s too late to realize that I already passed by the jeepney stop where I should suppose to come down. I manage to stop on the nearest mini grocery store 30 meters away from my office. “Oh well, I just have to walk, it’s still early anyways.” I said to myself. Suddenly a light flash somewhere. I look around to see where it came from, then my eyes landed on a CANON camera I don’t know the unit but I can recognize that it is canon because of the name embedded on it.

I just so love Canon camera if I can wish one thing in this world that would have to be a Canon touch screen camera. I know it’s kind of lame wasting your only one wish on a camera. But nah, no one will give me one wish anyway so I should stop my mind wondering now and focus on the man holding it because he ahem that made me back into reality and turn my eyes to his.

My eyes stays there I don’t know how long but it’s enough to scrutinize his angelic face. His small red lips that might so soft to kiss, his not so tall, cute nose and his bright brown eyes and his lightly blonde shiny not too long hair that matches his baby face. He looks into my eyes intently and smiles that makes my heart melt and that weird feeling in my stomached. I look at him also, moving his eyes down I intently look at him as well without losing contact afraid that he might be gone in an instant if I blink. Then that stares stop somewhere, and then I realize that his smiles turn to smirk. I am then and curious to what he staring at and I look down, and when I see it? “Oh Shit! Eeeeewwwww” That’s the first words came out of my mouth. Because it’s a dog feces and it’s on my new white Celine high heeled shoes with small diamonds beautifully embedded on it. Isn’t it great? Note the sarcasm there. Grrr…Plus an uproar laugh from someone you have fantasized on a minute ago. I guess this will be my one heck of a lucky day. My irritation went to anger and humiliation. Angry to the man who laugh, who doesn’t know this feeling, the feeling that your one new favorite cared and invested for so long shoes deep into a shit. I feel like crying seeing my new shoes buried in the dog shit plus humiliated in front of someone you have a quick crush on, yet dies in the instant he laughs at your situation, good thing he’s a stranger because if he is not, I will going to collapse from humiliation. And instantly calm down myself by telling at the back of my mind “its ok I will never going to see you again anyway. (While looking intently to this jerk as if, I’m delivering the message through my eyes.) And (looking down to my precious shoes) huhuhu I’ll just clean you later very carefully.” And walk as fast as I could without turning my head.

I am now setting on my office chair, looking at my desktop with my left hand on my face. Relaxing myself trying to forget what happen earlier after cleaning my very love shoes.

Suddenly, ”Alexaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!”  By hearing that I don’t have to turn my head to know whose calling, I know very well no one will call me that in prolong manner but only my very best friend Mandy. “Guesssss whattttt????” she started, she turns around where she can face me. She’s very excited. And show me her huge smile on her face, her glittering eyes and she proudly pop her left hand that has a diamond bluish stone ring…Oh… my… gee! “I’m engage!!!” She spells it out before I can say it. And we both excitedly squeal making the others come near us. Everybody congratulated her and I hug her. Telling her how happy I am for her.

“Sorry I didn’t get the chance to call you last night about this. I want you to see the ring while I’m telling you that I’m engaged.” Mandy exclaims.

“Yeah, I should hate you for that shouldn’t I?”, and we both laugh.

Mandy is so in love that I couldn’t believe someone will go fall in love in that short span of months. George her boyfriend is a salesman and they dated for 1 month and officially on for 6 months and now they are getting married. I envy her actually. Me, Alexa Soria 29 years old not in a relationship had a boyfriend 5 years ago, but it didn’t go well, we ended the 1 year relationship. But he’s already married and I have totally moved on and happy being single sometimeJ.

 I actually swear that I will not getting married ever because I don’t want to add more problems on my state of life right now. I am the eldest and being one, the responsibility that my parents cannot oblige like in financial matter I have to take over. Hospital bill, school fees etc. etc…So whenever I bought something as a gift for myself I will surely taking care of it. And yes my shoes are one of them.

Being married I see it as a problem, because I have also responsibility for my parents and my siblings. And I can’t afford to add more.

But sometimes I have this feeling that somewhere out there, God has someone for me, waiting and longing for me the same way I feel. Is this what they call your soul mate? Is it your other half? Is there really something like that?

My grandmother always told me “You will know that you know that you know.” It doesn’t make sense to me, for me its sounds as a tongue twister.

Authors note:

This is my first ever writing a story. Sorry for errors I will do better next time. Let me know what you think. Thank you!!! If you have time please listen to the song “When God Made You”