Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I went inside; the music is getting louder as I walk. People are everywhere dancing there moves of the beat of the music, mostly young people is around, there are slightly older than me and oh my, old people same age as my mother I suppose, my mother is not that old she is 48, she conceive me when she was 19. I look around hoping I can find her. “Where is she?” There are people bumping me as I make my way through. “Excuse me.” I say to those strangers even though I m not sure if they can hear me. As I walk I manage to see a stairs leading to the second floor, it’s probably easier to look her on the second floor if she’s down here. Scanning her below but still no sign of her, I continue to search for her on this floor. I’ll text her again ask here location. When I’m about to send suddenly I bumped into something, will it’s someone and his drinks spills on my shoulder. “Shit.” I cursed. When I look up to check who it was and start to nag because my shoulder is wet and it goes down on my breast and its cold, I was about to utter a word when I recognize who I was seeing right now, it’s Mr. Michael Dela Rama, and he too, looking at me ~ surprised, I can tell from his expression that he is in doubt or something. Suddenly someone called my name and hold my arm. “ Hey Lex you came.” It was Carlo, one of Alice friends; I know he’s been to Alice. “And what happened?” He added when he sees my shirt wet. “Hi Carl, just am never mind. Where’s Alice?” Carlo drags me out and I left Mr. Dela Rama from where we stand without turning back. I’m just glad I found Carlo it would be a lot easier finding Alice.

Alice and I is silent this morning while our mother preparing the table for breakfast. I don’t want her to know what happened last night; I don’t want her to worry. I’m still mad at what happened even though Alice said she was just dragged in by her classmates and out of curiosity why she came in with them, though she didn’t get drunk but her friend was, that’s why she called me to get help to take her friend home since Carlo is on duty on that club as a part time janitor. And she’s just scared to rod a taxi with her drunken friend she scared that the driver might get them somewhere and she doesn’t exactly know her friends address, since Alice is not really acquainted outside our village. She hasn’t gone too far away from home too because she’s only interest is books, that’s why probably she got curious of that place since she only have read it or hear it to someone.  We’re on the table eating our meal; Alice just looks at me, looks pleading to accept her apology. She apologized to me last night and I was just too upset to accept it. Mother might have sense it because she clears her throat and ask, “What is it?”  I look at her and as if I ask.” What Mum?” Mother looks at us shifting from me to Alice. “Come on I know you guys. What happened?” I don’t know what to say, I don’t want to lie to my Mum but I am still upset to Alice. When suddenly my phone rings, perfect save by the bell, it was Mandy. “Excuse me mum I have to take this.” “Finish your breakfast first.”  “I got to go.” I said while standing up ready to go. I kiss my Mum goodbye and answer Mandy on the phone it’s as if my life depends on it. “Yes Mandy…”

I hurriedly went to the office where Mandy is waiting; she’s very excited to show me her wedding invitation card. She’s very excited this morning to tell me about it that’s why she called. I directly went to her table. “Hey!” I said. “Aleeeexxaaaa. Look look look.” While handing me over a very will tied rolled aqua green paper with golden bow. I smiled at her. “It’s so fast you know?” She laughs with my remarks, “I know … Come on open it.” I slowly untie the ribbons and unrolled it.

~Semblante & Corilla ~

       Nuptials

And I found my name at the bottom as her Maid of Honor: - Alexa Sheen Soria “I really can’t believe it, you’re getting married. My God what did he do to you?” we both laugh.

We are so busy with our work I didn’t even realize it’s already lunch.

Mandy is still talking non-stop about her wedding details she didn’t even ask for my help because George’s sisters are very supportive with this wedding since George is their only brother, she only needs to do is pick which of which. I never ever saw her this happy, she is really not her, will probably all women who are about to get married will look like this. I am just listening to her, smiles and nod at the same time. Sometimes I wonder what it feels like to be in her position, to be a fiancée.

When we return to our table after the lunch break Mr. Mc Kenzie called me to be in his office. “Be seated Alexa.” Mc Kenzie said without taking away his eyes on his computer screen. When I comfortably seated on, he straighten and lean on his chair and looks at me.

“Michael is on his way from where he is staying, he didn’t come this morning. I kept on calling but he didn’t answer but I already sent Molong to pick him up.”

 Huh the nerd he’s probably didn’t wake up early due to partying last night, Mr. Mc Kenzie continues.

“I want you to prepare a report regarding the sales for the last year, just a brief one and sent it to his office once you’ve done with it and tell him to be in my office once he’s finish of what I told him to do. I already e-mailed to him the rest of the mechanics including the proposal I need but remind him I need to see some draft for me to check before 5pm.”

“Yes Mr. Mc Kenzie I’ll make sure he hands it to you before 5.”

 “Thank you Alexa you can take your leave now.”

 I slowly close the door of Mr.Mc Kenzie’s office and heads towards Mr. Dela Rama’s one. I’ll check if Lucia our janitress has neaten it before he arrives.

3 minutes later someone open the door and came in Michael in a white polo shirt that hugs exactly on his well sculpted bud, sleeves folded up to the elbow, the last 2 buttons in the neck is left unbutton, hair is sleek and fab and he paired it with faded black jeans that matches his butt perfectly. How can he look great in just a simple dress up? “I didn’t expect you’d be here Miss Big Foot.” His first line when I can’t seem to utter anything because I was mesmerized by his look and I was just standing here probably drooling. “I never thought you can’t get up early from partying last night.” I was awakened by what he said, right about last night. Did he really think I went there to party when I specifically said I don’t hang out?  “I…am.” I started when he is waiting for the rest of what I would tell him, why would I explain myself? He is the one who is at fault; he pours a drink on me. “You said you don’t hang out? And you said you were not just any other girl.” He is trying to mimic me when I said it before during our lunch last time. What’s this guy’s problem? I choose to be calm and not answer him. “Just check now your e-mail, Mr. Mc Kenzie wants you to start right away I just have to make the sales report quick, anyway I have the copy of it, all I need to do is check.”  I am about to leave when he added. “Was that guy your boyfriend?” Now why is he still talking about last night? I turn to face him. “The last time I check I don’t have a boyfriend so that mean he isn’t, now can we stop this because I still have so many things to do, now can I leave?” I raise my eyebrow for him to stop this nonsense talking and it seems working because he just nods and smirks. Fuck the smirk if he keeps on doing that I will kiss him.

Authors Note:

 “Love doesn’t require long period of time to notice it, because love is love at first click, only the realization takes long.”~ By: ME – I don’t even know if I should agree with these.