Chapter 3

"You never tell me that you actually know Mr. Zhang." Xueyu commented while eating her foods.

"I just knew him a few days ago."

"How? You never tell me."

"I don't even know about him, chill, Xueyu." I chuckled and told her. "He just happened to...well, saved me."

"Save you? So you aren't paying attention while walking again?" Xueyu laughed slightly and said. She does knows that I have that habit, because I always space out that I always ended up tripping on the stairs.

"Umm, yeah." I nodded.

"You should really change the habit, Jiahui."

"I can't change it." I told her. She munched down her sandwich and said, "We have to go up to the hall as fast as we can. I guess that the seats will be taken by the seniors." She said and dragged me up.

"You don't have to worry about that though. If you really want to see him close up, you can ask Jingyi to let you join them when they interview him."

"But I guess that Jingyi wouldn't approve, as I'm not a member for the school magazine." She shook her head.

We went up to the hall, and surprisingly it wasn't that crowded. There's only a few juniors who came.

"Are you going to save places for Jingyi and Crystal?" Xueyu asked, as we sat down in the second row. The first row is left for the teachers and also school principal so we're left with the second.

"No. I guess that they'll be busy taking pictures of him." I shook my head, leaning my head on Xueyu's shoulder. "I'm sleepy. I'll sleep for a while. Wake me up later." I yawned and told her.

"Sure."

I don't know how long had I been sleeping, until the talk of Mr. Zhang started. What got me surprise is, the one who sat beside me is Luhan. Yes, no other than the Luhan that I liked.

Maybe, Hongbin is right. He told me that give up doesn't mean that I can put down. Even though I had gave up liking or loving him, even though I know that my feelings for him is just admiration, but I couldn't let him go in my heart.

Having Luhan sitting beside me making me feel nervous.

"Why is he here?" I asked Xueyu quietly.

"He just sat down there...after asking me if there's anyone sitting there."

"Can't you just tell him that the place is taken?" I asked back. Xueyu just stuck her tongue out and didn't say anything furthermore.

--

"I hate you." I mumbled silently when Xueyu and I went down from the hall, after Mr. Zhang's talk.

"Don't be mad. You do know, I've liked him once too and it's hard to reject him when he's asking about something."

"Xueyu!" I heard Jingyi called from upstairs. We looked up and found that Jingyi was waving at us.

"Let's go up." Xueyu waved back and told me.

"Hey, do you want to join us? We're going to interview Mr. Zhang." Jingyi asked once we got upstairs. Xueyu immediately asked, "can I?"
Jingyi chuckled and said, "of course you can."

"Go, since Jingyi had invited you, you should go." I slightly pushed Xueyu and told her. She looked at me and asked, "Aren't you coming?"

"No. I'm not interested in it anyway. I'll see you later." I waved at them and left.

--

"Jiahui-ah...how long have you know Mr. Zhang?" Xueyu suddenly asked.

"Why? I've told you I met him a few days ago and he just happened to save me from slipping."