Chapter 3

I got to my class and I tried not to snap at the blonde staring at me, with envy written all over her face. I don't like people staring at me it makes me freak out and lose control seeing that's how most of us are, wild and shy. Well females are, males usually let their ego take over and feel good about themselves to get female's attention.
What annoyance

-"River, you shouldn't talk about us like that"

-"why does it matter?"

-"you're being hypocritical"

-"so what?"

-"Good morning class!" A mans voice boomed through my head making me flinch slightly in my seat. I look at Piper, who is sitting patiently for the teacher to start teaching.

I saw the blonde snicker a laugh. I know she's laughing at me.

"What a freak"

I stand up in my chair out of instinct "what did you just call me?" I look straight at the girl as if I were to snap her neck. She looks up at me with wide eyes and it was my turn to looked shocked.

-"is there something wrong ms.Stone?" The teacher asked with concern.

I sit back down in my seat "no, no, sir. I just thought I heard someone call me a freak" I look to the window "must have been imagining things" I sigh and the teacher began his lecture.
________________________
_________

"How did she even hear me?"

-"wait it was you Nicole?"

-"that's not cool, Nic, she was really hurt by that"

I smile to myself from what I heard from the boy sitting beside, who I now know is Nicole.

-"just look at her, smiling to herself, she's probably a lone-"

I heard a velvet feminine voice "I dont really know about that, Nicole, seeing all the guys drool over her and all the girls envy her"
Piper. You sly fox, you.

"Sounds like someone's jealous she doesnt have the attention on her anymore" Nicole snaps back at Piper "seeing you used to have the same problem"

I could see Piper trying to hold in her anger towards Nicole's arrogance.
"Explain why she's my best friend?" Piper snaps back with a poker face.

-"easy" someone else chimes in. A girl with black raven hair smiles up at Piper while she's still in her seat. "Seeing you two are now the popular girls you got to stick together. But question is, will you get mad when you're not the pretty one anymore?" The girl looked smug.

-"why you little-" Piper looked angry and ready to beat the girl up by the way she was gripping onto the guy next to Nicole's desk.

-"may I step outside sir?" Piper asked while raising her hand. She was upset and ready to punch anyone who insulted her or myself next. She needed air to cool down.

"Wow, gonna go cry about it in the-"

-"why don't you just shut up?" I snarl at the girl who looked shocked. Everyone looked shocked at how I handled that, but I didn't care. Right now I wanted to rip out the girls throat. "come on, River, let's go cool down. They're not worth it anyways." Piper grabs my forearm and says loud enough for the girls to here "they're jsut jealous they have to put on makeup everyday to be pretty"

Nicole glares at Piper and I until we walked out the door.

"Please, never stand up like that again. You're going to get everyone suspicious and stock you and take a guess where that ends at." Piper snapped at me in a sign of concern "I'm supposed to watch you so you don't do those kind of things, learn to control yourself, River. You're the daughter of very patient and strong people, now try having some patience."

I growl at her and snap back "is that any way to treat your friend who just stood up for you while you were being attacked by two jealous female humans?" I ball my hands into fists at my side, feeling my nails dig into my palms "I may be half human, but I'm more superior than those girls"

-"Yes, that is true-"

-"I'm also a higher rank than you as well, seeing I'm the daughter of a higher ranked beast as you yourself are not full blood." I snap again at her.

Piper looks at me in disbelief with her baby blue eyes. Stupid orical. How she can see the future sometimes is so annoying. I hate how she gets to be something cool while I'm stuck being half human. "River!" Her voice cracks "I may be a lower rank than you, but if we were to get technical, I'm the higher rank seeing I'm supernatural you're only half." She snaps back.

"If you want to fight over who is a higher rank I'll gladly take you on" I growl at her.
She starts to laugh
"Don't play stupid now,River. I've changed way longer than you have. You're still practically a puppy" she laughs again. "also, Aidryn isn't gonna be happy if he knows I beat his baby sister. I like being on his good side. It's alot more enjoyable than his bad side which may I say is scary" she smiles at me. "For a half human, hes pretty strong. Probably inherited that from his dad's genes"

I glare at her looking more and more irritated by the second. "let's get going. I'm honestly bored of class and you" she looks at my hands "definitely need to cool off"

"Why, you foresee something bad happening" I asked sarcastically.

"No, just" she points a finger at my hand "you're bleeding everywhere."

I look at my hand and see blood everywhere. I pull my nails out of the palm of my hand. My wound healed right before I could see how deep it was.