Chapter 5

We got home and Piper was jumping off the walls with excitement. I could tell she wanted me to join the pack since, well, I was a little girl.
"Come on River, please join. I'm all lonely at the pack house, there's barely any girls to play with."
I look at Piper with my head down, "mommy and daddy said it's best for me to stay in the human world where they know I am safest."

"River, you can't keep living here. You're almost to the age of your first transformation, and your instincts will take over it not safe here anymore."
"Piper I can't just leave"
5 Months later
I look down at the bloodied body. Pools of scarlet red surrounding it. I look in horror, but fighting the natural instinct to smile and laugh at the corpse. "Do you see now why I told you to come with us, River?" Piper was so loud mt ears started to ring. I cried out in pain as I started to hear so many people's thoughts, all that weren't here, all that were talking about different things "shut up, shut up, shut up!" I screamed and cried out in pain and confusion. "River!" My brother's voice was heard the most, it was the strongest, loudest and clearest of sounds. "River, breathe and think about your thought only. I know it's hard" I do as my brother told me to do. I kept thinking to myself, thinking about how this is happening, why are people's voices so ear ringing and deafening when people talk. The voices faded away and my mind felt as if it were alone to my own thoughts once again. "Aidryn, River has to come with us it's not safe here for her anymore. Listen to reason!" Piper shouted.
"Pip, I don't have the choice into telling my sister what to do, it's up to mom and dad, not me"
-"but you're the alpha, you can't be serious. Alpha's show power and help those in the pack who need it so help her by taking her with us!"
Aidryn's lip curled and he made a low growling noise. "You think I have the power into going against a pure blood's word? I don't Piper, anything I say will or won't be heard from my father, but I do give you permission to try yourself."
-"Mr.Bloodstone will listen. If he wants his daughter to be safe"
-"it's not up to me Piper, it's up to what River wants."

"Come on, Riv, help me with this!" Piper shouted at me from spending almost 10 minutes trying to catch my pet fish, Herb and Flower, Herb is a black and green male Betta, while Flower is a purple female Betta. Flower was a unique thing, even though she was purple she had a hot pink fin on her right side. Normally male Betta have vibrant colors so that's what made her so unique. That's why she was given to me. Because I was as unique as her. Normally wolves aren't born with white fur, but I on the other hand was. I don't know if my fur will turn a darker shade, but everyone knows a white wolf is a fake wolf, everyone thinks because I'm half human that is what caused this, but I don't think that's the case at all. Is it?

"I am so happy you're joining the pack,Riv! you'll love it there I promise it isn't as bad as you think-" 

 I look at my fish in the little baggie then out the window  seeing the green pine trees zooming by as I block out whatever it is, Piper was talking about over the music. A man from the pack house came to get us, Aidryn was taking care of business, is what Piper told me when we got in the car.

"so!, River, what do you think? Isn't this place beautiful?"

 I look outside and through the trees. the house. it was huge! When we reached the house I saw smaller houses.

"those are pack member's houses. the beta and higher ranked wolves live in the pack house." Piper said while looking at me, "your brother thinks living with him will be for the better for now", she turns around and looks straight. "once you get to training you'll live in one of the subordinate houses."

"what?" I scream. The man in the drivers seat looked irritated. "Why am I put in a subordinate home? I should be, alpha, even beta would be fine. I am the daughter of a pure-blood, and the sister of the alpha, I deserve respect!" I growl.

"River, it's the way our colony runs. You earn your spot, either by being born the alpha, you're picked to be the alpha female, you earn your spot by being a great fighter, hunter, doctor, or you fight and kill the alpha." Piper said to me. I growl at the thought of fighting my own and only brother. "that's the way almost all colonies work." I grunt in annoyance. Piper giggles, "yeah that's true, except one." she says pointing up her index finger.

"what do you mean?" I ask her. She chuckles "nothing, Riv." she gasps "we're here!"

" she gasps "we're here!"