Thank God for the Secret Hiding Place

Chapter 5

Thank God for the Secret hiding place.

I snuck through the front door of the house, trying to make as little noise as I could. I quietly stepped into the hallway, but it was no use because my mom was standing right beside the stairs. She had that look in her eye. I knew that she knew. I dropped my backpack on the floor and waited for her to say something.

"I did not know one thing about that fight until I got a call from your coach after you went to Tori's."

"Mom I can explain."

"Explain what? That you got in a fight and got a black eye? Possibly a bruised stomach? If there's anything else... Do tell." She said with a sarcastic tone.

"I don't want to tell you. You won't understand" I said, knowing if she knew she would embarrass me.

"Maybe I can Help."

"No Mom. You won't understand!"

"I can't help you if you don't tell me."

"You don't get it! I don't need your help, Mom! I can handle this myself!" I blurted out.

"Just go to your room. We'll talk later." She said while pointing at the stairs.

I stomped up the stairs and slammed the door to my room. I plopped down on my bed and sunk my head into my pillow.

"Bubba are you okay?" I heard a little voice say as she was opening the door.

"Go away." I simply said.

"I heard everything." She said.

"I know. I'm a horrible person" I said.

"I don't think that you're a bad person. You're my big brother." She said.

She walked over to my bed and sat on it.

"Can I see your eye?" She said.

I rose up from my pillow and turned my head so she could see it.

"I think it's good you stood up for what you thought was right." She said.

"How do you know what happened?" I asked curiously.

"Anna knows all the dirt." She said.

I just laughed.

"Do you really want to know what happened to me and and Tori?" I said, knowing that she was dying inside

"Yes! I can't stop thinking about it." She said while widening her eyes.

"Okay, but only because I have to give you credit for that advice you gave me." I said while laughing.

"You really used my advice?" She asked, suprised.

I nodded my head and started the story. I told her everything from the first day of school, to lunch, all the way to me and Tori holding hands, only I didn't tell her about Tori's brother, and finally down to now.

"Wow. I didn't know you liked her that much." Addi said in astonishment.

"But you can't tell anyone. It's our little secret. Pinky swear?" I said while holding up my pinky.

"Pinky swear." She said while wrapping her pinky around mine.

"This means, if you break this Pinky swear, then I get to wrap a metal wire around your finger and then tighten it once everyday until it falls off. You do know that's what a pinky swear is... Right?" i said while moving closer and closer.