Chapter 15

Spencer opens the door to his apartment and the first thing I notice is the size of the room. On one wall there's two bookshelves, filled with tons of books, in front of the two windows facing us there's a couch, and two seats that are facing the couch.

"Wow, it's huge." I say.

"It's only one room, so if you want you can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch." Spencer says setting his bag down on the floor.

"No, I can't let you do that."

"Nicky it's fine."

"You sleep in your bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

"Nicky, one thing that you will learn about me is that I always win disagreements,chess, and poker. Now go sleep in my bed. I'm sleeping here." Spencer says.

"Fine." I say laughing in my head.

He leads me to his room. There's a dresser, king size bed, bedside table on the right, a door leading to the bathroom, and a door leading to the closet.

It's obvious he's rarely here, there are a few personal things.

"Do you have extra clothes?" He asks.

"Are you offering?" I ask.

"If you don't have any." He says, a smile forming on his lips.

"If your offering, but I don't wanna push. Your already letting me stay the night."

"It's fine, I'll see if I have a shirt you can borrow...what about this one?"

He holds up a purple button up shirt.

"That works, thank you."

After he leaves I put on the shirt. It's about 3 sizes too big and smells fresh. Then I grab a pair of shots and walk out of the room.

"Hey." I say nervously fiddling with the long sleeves. "You going to go to sleep soon?"

He looks at me then quickly looks away.

"Not right now." He says. "Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, which one?"

"Well, I'm petty sure you don't speak French."

"Nope."

He walks into another room. I follow him, he's looking through the drawers till he picks up a chess board.

"We can play this tomorrow." He suggests.

"I've never played, so sure."

"You've never played chess?" He asks and I shake my head. "I can teach you tomorrow."

"Okay, that sound good." I say. "But I think I'm going to go to sleep."

"Good night Spencer." I say hugging him.

He hugs me back, "Good night Nicky."

"Thank you again."

"For?"

I smile against his chest. "Saving my life."

We pull away.

"It-no prob-your welcome." He says nervously.

Smiling, I walk to his room as he lays down on his couch.

I close the door behind me, and slip under the covers.