Chapter 35

The next day we begin getting Spencer ready for his date.

"Hey, I'll be fine." Spencer says as I tighten his tie for him.

"And I'll be there the whole time." I say.

I pull his tie towards me, making his lips collide with mine. We smile and continue to kiss. Just as the kiss deepens there is a knock on the door. Spencer's lips linger against mine, but he eventually pulls away and look at each other sadly.

"Yeah?" Spencer asks.

"You two almost ready?" Prentiss asks.

"Yeah." I say grabbing my heels and sliding them on.

We leave the room and arrive at the police station, about five pm. Other than Spencer, Prentiss, Morgan, and I are going undercover as well.

We put the mics into our ears and Morgan, Prentiss, and I hide our guns. I try to convince Spencer to bring his gun, but it doesn't work. Morgan, Prentiss, and I leave first. I go to the bar and sit by myself, while Prentiss and Morgan sit across from each other at a nearby table. I survey the crowd and look for Rosie.

"No sign of Rosie." I whisper just as I'm about to take a sip of my drink.

I feel a presence walk past me and sit at the bar a few seats down from me. My quirky, genus boyfriend orders a drink and looks around. After a few minutes a pretty blonde woman approaches him with a confused expression.

"Spencer?" I hear the girl ask through the mic.

Spencer looks up at her bewildered.

"Lilia?" He asks.
Wait Lilia?? That girl that kissed him? Why is she here?

"Reid, if Rosie sees you talking to Lilia she could leave and we may never have a chance to catch her again." Morgan says. "Look I get it, you haven't seen her in a while, just say hi and goodbye."

"No Morgan, just hold on." Spencer says and Lilia looks at him confused.

"Morgan...wait are you on a case?" She asks.

"Yeah, but it is really nice to see you again." He says.

"You too, mind if I sit?" She asks.

"Reid." Hotch warns.

"Spencer I see Rosie, she needs to leave." I warn.

Spencer looks at me and back at Lilia.
What the hell is he thinking?!

I set my purse down under my chair and walk towards Rosie as she enters though the doors.

"Summerway what are you doing?" Prentiss asks.

"Detracting her." I say.

"Hi." I say trying to sound desperate.

"Hi?" Rosie says.

"I can't seem to find my purse, will you help me?" I ask.

"Sure, where did you last see it?" Rosie asks.

"Near the bar, I think." I say.

"Spencer, do you maybe want to go on a date, we kinda never had one, hence the fact I was being stalked by one of my friends since college." I hear Lilia say.

My blood starts to boil and I glare at her.

"Excuse me." Rosie says.

"Sorry I was think about where I last saw it." I say trying to muster up a lie.

"It's okay, it where did you sit?" She asks.

"Over here." I say showing her close to where I sat.