Operation: mission

Kiko chewed the inside of her cheeks, glancing the crowd. The crowd stared back. Kiko gulped, twisting the flute in his hands. She saw Deidara grinned at her but Sasori merely turned away, unimpressed. She twiddled with the akatsuki ring on her left hand's second finger with the music kanji, biting her lip.

She was always nervous. For what reason, she herself also could not fathom. She was like one of those thousands of squirming little ants above a fire; waiting to die. Kiko knew; one wrong step, she'll be the ant.

That's how a missions is. Always.

"We have Nakara Fujiwa for the music perfrormance, leading in the flute," the announcer said, waving Kiko forward. She darted on stage, stumbling once and when she flushed, standing straight, she saw Deidara facepalming himself and Sasori scoffing.

Some first impression.

Biting her lip, she lifted the flute to her lips and played. Selecting a pitch that would place everyone under genjutsu, she nodded at her partners. Deidara and Sasori formed hand seals which would allow them to block out her genjutsu.

Once Kiko saw that everyone had fallen asleep, she leaped down the stage and tucked her flute into her belt at her waist and smiled.

Deidara grinned. "Right on, un! We have plently of time; so let's take it real easy, un!"

'Ni-san....'

"Yeah, un?"

'I....'

"Spit it out, brat," Sasori spat, frowning. "Don't make me wait."

Kiko glared at Sasori's direction subtlely before continuing. 'As my jutsu works best with a small group of people because I can find their brain sound pitch better, and that was a large crowd, so I'm afraid that-'

"Cut it out with the chase, brat. I don't care."

'My genjutsu there had a time limit of twenty minutes.'

"WHATT?!" Deidara screamed, causing Kiko's hands to fly to her ears.

Sasori's eye twitched. "Zip it, idiot."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, TWENTY MINUTES, UN? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO FIND THE SCROLL ITSELF?! NOT TO MENTION THOSE TRAPS AND THOSE-"

"We're wasting time," Sasori irritatedly said, turning a corner to the corridor. "Twenty minutes, with one minute wasted by you two. Get a move on."

Deidara pouted and sighed, heading after Sasori while Kiko's upper lip curled up. Was it her fault that her genjutsu was limited? Must Deidara place the blame on her all the time?

After twelve minutes of checking room after room, they finally reached a room with literally ten hundred locks. Deidara smirked, bringing his hands into his pouches. "Yeah, un, talk about a bang!"

"No," Sasori stretched his arm out, preventing Deidara from throwing his clay. Deidara pouted.

'Danna's right,' Kiko stepped forward and cautiously touched one of the locks. 'See this seal? It means that it would reflect any of the jutsus launched.'

Sasori nodded, mildy impressed. Deidara cocked an eyebrow. "Then what do we do?"

The puppet master shrugged, examining the locks. "We have to dissemble them."

Deidara groaned. "How much time do we have?"

'Ten.'

Deidara gritted his teeth and started fiddling with one lock and his sister followed suit. While the pair were examining the locks, Sasori frowned slightly, glancing at the whole puzzle.

'Seven minutes.'

"Shut up!" Deidara snapped. "And danna! Why aren't you even helping?!"

Sasori rolled his eyes and ignored him, continuing whatever he was doing. Kiko wiped her brow with four minutes left. 'One lock done.'

"You are doing it wrong," Sasori declared, stepping to the side. "This, is the main control for the locks. If I can turn it off, I can release all the locks."

"Hell yeah!" Deidara pointed the the switch. "You need to scan your eye! Last time I checked, you weren't some fancy guy with fancy eyes, un!"

'Ever heard of pampering or short-circuiting the program, nii-san?!'

Deidara blinked, confused.

"Need me to spell it out, idiot?" Sasori jabbed the switch. "Explode. It. With. A. Small. Explosion."

Deidara sheepishly laughed, rubbing his head. "Er, well, that thought-"

Kiko marched to her brother, shaking him. 'We only have three minutes left! Don't talk rot!'

Deidara sighed and stuck his hand in his pocket, and when the deed was done, he opened his clenched fist, revealing a butterfly. He smiled as the butterfly delicately flew to the switch and then he formed a hand seal. "Katsu!"

Kiko placed her fingers above her ears, ready for the impact. A blast resounded and once Deidara started whooping, she opened her eyes and walked in, looking at the scroll. 'That's it?'

"Unlikely." Sasori stepped forward, surveying the scroll. "There may be an explosive jutsu around it."

"That's even more unlikely,"  Deidara said. "We should just do this." After that, with no warning, Deidara took the scroll, spinning it around his fingers.

'Nii-san! You could have died!'

"But I'm not, ne?"

'Nii-san!'

Sasori scowled, stepping out of the room. "Listening to you two and your petty quarrels are not worth waiting for."

Kiko, behind Sasori's back, stuck out her tongue. 'Stupid baka.'

"Hardly amusing, brat." Sasori turned and sent a glare at Kiko. She shivered. "Don't let me catch you do or say that again."

Deidara frowned. "One of these days I swear," he muttered, shaking his head as they headed out. "You'll surely scare her to death."

"Fear is the only way to run this world, idiot."

Kiko twiddled her fingers and walked beside Deidara. 'I would suppose so, danna. But fear causes others to lose things too.' Things like her voice.

Sasori didn't say anything and Deidara twirled the scroll, smirking. "Mission accomplished."

"Sir! Those three! They have the scroll!"

"... Aw dammit."

"Run idiot!"