Voices

Kiko wasn't entirely sure where she was.

She knew that she been stabbed by a few poisoned kunais. Kiko dimly recalled her partners leaving the place, bringing her back to the headquarters and taking her to the infirmary. There had been a dull pain when the kunais were pulled out, but it strangely didn't affect her.

Her eyes cracked out slightly and saw slight movements.

"Idiot, pass me more bandages!"

"Danna, is Kiko suppose.... suppose to bleed so much, un?"

No answer was given, just only with Sasori placing his hand on Kiko's brow and checking her pulse.

"When these things happen, Deidara, the least you would worry about it her loss of blood."

"W-what do you mean, un?"

Yes. What do you mean? Aren't I still alive? As soon as she thought that, Kiko felt a sharp pain at her heart. Her eyes widened as her heart contracted painfully, making her perspire and squeeze her eyes shut tight.

"The poison has gotten into her bloodstream."

Kiko had so many questions to ask but then her eyelids got so heavy and she felt herself fading. The last thing she had in her mind was the image of the red haired puppet master.

Sasori, on the other hand, was still busy at work. He felt the blonde girl's pulse fading away. Deidara was blabbering like the idiot he was, asking questions and generally being irritating.

"I have no choice," Sasori muttered, leaving Kiko and returning with his special kunai set.

The set used for making humans into puppets

"I-is that -?" Deidara stammered, eyes widening.

Sasori nodded, opening the case and selecting a kunai, taking it out.

"No, danna, don't do it! Don't turn Kiko into a puppet!"

Sasori stopped, hand on the handle of the kunai which was against Kiko's wrist where the pulse was  slolwly fading. "What do you propose, Deidara? Let her die?"

"I... I..." the older blonde gulped, wringing his hands. "I, un, well, Kiko, well, she's so young. She's only eighteen! She has her whole life in front of her! She hasn't even lived life yet, un. And.. and.. She's only a kid, even if she is an Akatsuki."

Sasori paused, hesitating. A kid who hasn't yet to lived her life.

Then the kunai dropped to the floor.

"Pump her heart."

"What, un?"

"Start pumping her heart so she wouldn't die while I remove the poison!" Sasori shouted. Deidara quickly complied.

Pushing his chakra to his hands, Sasori put his hands on Kiko's chest. She started squirming, shoulders heaving as she soundlessly coughed.

"Hold her down," Sasori muttered, a stream of purple poison drifting into the greenish blue chakra on his hands. Dumping the poison, he did it again and again until the poison was fully removed.

"Yes! Danna, you're the best!" Deidara cried, grinning. Kiko's eyes snapped open, looking around, eyes landing on Sasori.

The redhead shrugged, putting away his tools. "A waste of a human body. She looks exactly like a doll and she would have made a good puppet-"

Before he finished, Kiko threw herself at him, hands clutching the front of his cloak and eyes shut tight. She was alive. She could still see him. Her throat loosened and her lips parted.

"Sasori-danna."