Chapter 8

There's only centimeters between our faces. He looks into my eyes, but I look away. He probably does this with every girl who's into him, but I'm not interested. Seconds are passing and he starts to lean in, trying to close the gap. I quickly lean back and hold out my hand. His lips come in contact with my palm, and things go to a crashing halt.

"Ow." He utters as he brings his hand up to his mouth. When he takes his hand away blood is smeared on his skin. I must've hit him. Oops. He looks up at me.

"Uh, I'm sorry. Are you okay? Wait, you're obviously not okay, I mean you're bleedi-" I try to apologize, but he cuts me off.

"It's okay, Autumn." He smiles but I grimace since there's blood all over his teeth.

"No, it's not. I practically punched you in the face. You're mouth is bleeding and I'm the one who caused it. Where were you going to take me anyways?" I ask, just realizing we've been pulled over for awhile now.

"I was going to bring you to my favorite spot." He says sighing. "But I guess that plan is ruined." Noticing the rain has stopped, I give a suggestion.

"How about we still go? I kind of owe you since I smashed your face in."

"Really?" He asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, plus it's nine forty five and I have nothing better to do." I state. He then starts the car and we continue our journey into the unknown. At least it's unknown to me.

The silence continues as we drive, but Dylan catches on and turns on the radio. I awkwardly tap my foot to the beat, even though the music is to my distaste.

"So, um. How often do you go this place?" I ask, trying to break the absence of a conversation. I watch the dark scenery as we pass. I don't receive a response so I look over and see him lip syncing with a dash of choreography. 

To be completely honest, at first, I didn't understand why he was dancing to this disgrace of music. I then realized I do a similar act when I hear my favorite music. This time, before trying to strike up a conversation I turn down the volume. Dylan looks at me quick with a questioning expression.

"Why'd you do that?" He asks, now focusing his eyes on the road.

"I'd rather not listen to that awful noise. How about we actually talk?" I ask, drumming my fingers against my legs.

"Really? The girl who can't even whisper out a word before fainting. The girl who collapses when you get ridiculously nervous? The first time I ever spoke to you, you dropped dead to the floor. And you of all people want to start a conversation?" He asked, amused. 

Flustered, all I can do is stutter. I feel the heat on my face from embarrassment and pull my hands up to my face to cover it. I look down at my shoes, but I can feel his eyes on me. The car slows down to a halt and all I can hear is the slight hum of music. I sit there for a minute until I hear his door open.

"We are here." He says as he climbs out of his car. I pop open my door and can't hold in the shock of what I see. 

A/N 

Well that could've been a good moment but I did what I do best and made it awkward 

I will now be able to update more often,  since I have a computer. And sorry this was so short. I will make the chapters a bit longer :)

Don't forget to vote and comment! 

What do you think is going to happen next?  

  I hope you liked this chapter :)  

Thanks, 

Emily