Chapter 4

I debate on just shutting the door, running to my room, and hiding under the covers. I can just hear my bed calling for me. My thoughts of my glorious, comfy bed are interrupted when Dylan blurts out, "I have to pee." I look at him with annoyance.

"Don't you have your own house?" I ask, motioning towards his house that's across the street.

"I got locked out," He slurs as he looks back at his house. Darn it, he's drunk.

"Fine," I sigh, letting him in. He stumbles inside, almost falling on his face. I really wished that would've happened.

"Where's the bathroom?" He asks, looking around. I lead him to the bathroom then leave him there. I hear the door slam behind him. I then walk into kitchen and serve myself a glass of water. I go into the living and sit down but I get cold and set the water in an end table.Shivering, I walk to my room and grab my comforter. I wrap it around myself like a superhero with a cape. I was halfway down the hallway when Dylan walks out of the bathroom, surprising me. I then squeal and trip on my blanket collapsing to the floor. He looks down at me.

"Need any help, Fall?" He asks, then starting to giggle at the stupid pun he made. I get up and continue to the living room, Dylan following me like a lost puppy. I sit down and he sits next to me. He smells like beer, ew. I turn on the T.V. on and flip through the channels. Since there's nothing on, I look through my movie collection. Finding one and turning it on, I then sit back on the couch snuggling with my blankets. I look back at Dylan.

"Aren't you going to go home?" I ask, hoping he leaves.

"I'm locked out." He says once more.

"Don't you have a phone? Call your friends and tell them to pick you up." I persist on trying to get him to leave.

"I left it in the house." Darn. I was really hoping he could leave.

"So you're just gonna stay here?" I ask, still hoping he'll leave.

"Yup" He then hiccups and focuses back on the movie. A couple minutes later he begins to shiver. He looks at my blanket then tugs on it like a young child. I look at him.

"Can I have the blanket?" He asks, using his puppy dog eyes.

"No." I deny him as I tug the blanket from his grip.

"Yes." He says tugging it harder.

"No." I tug back, hoping he'll give up. But he persists.

"Yes." He pulls it.

"Nuh uh." I say in a childish manner, yanking it back.

"Yeah huh." He says, this time pulling it from my grip. He wins. I then cross my arms and curl up, hoping to preserve heat. I begin to shiver and Dylan notices.

"Wanna share?" He asks as he offers some of the blanket.

"No." I say pushing it away.

"Fine." He huffs. A couple minute later my teeth begin to chatter. He looks at me and unexpectedly grabs me. He pulls me to his side, puts the blanket over me, and snuggles me like I'm an over sized teddy bear. I would've tried to resist this but he was so warm. I lay my head on his chest and soon enough, I fall asleep. 

I wake the next morning alone. 

Where is Dylan?

~~~~~ 

Don't be a silent reader and tell me what you think! 

Fan<>Vote<>Comment

Hope you liked it! 

~Emily